Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Stash. Own up if you have any stash of any sort

(111 Posts)
craftyone Sat 06-Jun-20 12:15:07

ooh, shall I include some crafting tools?

4 spinning wheels, I assembled one myself. All different purposes

4 small weaving looms

3 top notch machines for sewing

dozens of beautiful carving gouges

and that is only the tip of the iceberg grin

craftyone Sat 06-Jun-20 12:10:35

watch for moths if you are storing any wool or silk. The B***ers get into the smallest of spaces. Zip lock bags work

Lol I had 2 large fitted cupboards built into 2 bedrooms, both are full of mainly crafting stuff with just a small hanging space. No husband to think about thesedays, he would have approved anyway, anything to make me happy and it doesn`t half lift the spirits during covid gloom

merlotgran Sat 06-Jun-20 12:09:33

Wine!

Witzend Sat 06-Jun-20 12:07:15

Lots of yarn, about 4 supermarket bags full, or rather crammed! - but it’s not taking over the house yet!

A certain amount of fabric left over from making curtains/ cushion covers.
Recently I’ve used quite a bit of it to make 2 pairs of cushion covers for a dd, and a nice neat roll for my prize-winning jumble of knitting needles, many of which were inherited from my mother.

Kate54 Sat 06-Jun-20 12:07:12

Thought you meant illegal substances at first!

craftyone Sat 06-Jun-20 12:06:00

I am owning up.

I have mountains of neatly folded and washed fabrics of all types

I have garage shelves full of carving woods

I have masses of beautiful specially blended fibre tops for spinning

I have a lot of pure wool yarns for knitting

The fabrics are nicely folded and I had a dress length and pattern only last week

The wood has not been carved for months, only a bit since moving. I have not added to it

The fibre tops are of the highest quality eg cashmere and silk blends. I got a lot of various blends and am glad because the company are not making these superlative mixes any more. I chose the colours and fibres in the blends. I have enough for my lifetime, all in sealed mothproof packaging and all stashed under a bed, neatly labelled. I am not adding to them

The yarns are all the best quality wool blends from the likes of kate davis and john arbon. All neatly packaged in ziplock bags with the pattern. I have many jumper and cardigan weights and 2 or 3 winter shawl weights. That does not stop me, I received another jumper weight yesterday as well as a kit for slipper socks. What a thrill when they arrive

No more stash now, I cannot knit fast enough

Mrst1405 Sat 06-Jun-20 12:04:45

Loads of yarn and paper.

Purplepixie Sat 06-Jun-20 12:01:27

Gallons of wool, material and watercolour painting stuff and I will add to it whenever I see something that I like. DH once offered to help me sort through it. NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Craftyone Keep up the good work! X

grandMattie Sat 06-Jun-20 11:59:49

I do, and loads left over bits of fabric in case I need them. I try very hard not to increase the stash and only add to it as and when I actually need it. DH is very patients, but storage is becoming limited...

Rosalyn69 Sat 06-Jun-20 11:59:32

Stash? I have a huge stash of wool if that’s what you meant.

craftyone Sat 06-Jun-20 11:57:08

I have stash and it is one of my life pleasures to add to my stash.