Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Finished my H-word wreath - don’t look if you’re spider-phobic!

(10 Posts)
Callistemon Wed 19-Aug-20 11:44:38

grin

Witzend Wed 19-Aug-20 11:37:31

I’m sure I can beat you hollow in any procrastination contest, @Callistemon, only mine’s confined to everything I hate doing, e.g. housework, clearing out cupboards, etc., and paperwork, esp. the dreaded tax return.
Give me a spider to knit any day!

Callistemon Wed 19-Aug-20 11:08:48

They're going to love it!!

Callistemon Wed 19-Aug-20 11:07:25

Well done.

Now, where's Joseph? And Melchior?
Stuffed into a bag under the stairs somewhere I think.

I have done other projects, honestly.

Nortsat Wed 19-Aug-20 10:10:31

What fun ..
The little ones will love it.
Very clever ...?

Witzend Wed 19-Aug-20 08:51:20

Thanks, all. I had to make the witches a bit shorter to fit and the nose in the pattern was so enormous even for the most hideous old hag, I cut that down, too - and it’s still a massive green conk!

Has anyone else never come across an I-cord before, BTW? It’s a knitted strip that comes out like French knitting. (For the witches’ arms and legs.). The pattern instructions weren’t very clear (I had to YouTube) plus it needed double-ended needles, which I didn’t have.
So I knitted a strip of 4 stitches, same number as the I-cord, and sewed it round a length of pipe cleaner - I did happen to have some of those.
I was going to do the same for the broomsticks when it occurred to me just in time - dhurr! - that there were plenty of twigs in the garden...

Jaxjacky Wed 19-Aug-20 08:30:59

How clever! I wouldn’t know where to start. ??

Beechnut Wed 19-Aug-20 07:39:40

That’s great Witz I love those witches.

phoenix Tue 18-Aug-20 22:46:56

Good stuff! I'm hopeless, can't knit, crochet, used to do macrame years ago, but probably have forgotten now!

Witzend Tue 18-Aug-20 22:44:14

Cobbled together from 3 different patterns, rather more of a fiddle than I’d anticipated, but it made a change from C-word things.