My daughter (25) would like to start crocheting. I would like to give her a set of crochet hooks for her birthday, or at least start her out on a collection of good ones, if they're very expensive. What makes are considered the best these days, for ease of use and longevity?
Well, sort of. Been watching videos. The hook is much longer, like a knitting needle, but the technique is like crochet, on one hook. There are also circular versions.
I prefer the standard type of metal hooks. I've had a couple of the soft touch ones but found the rubbery handles went sticky with time.
Mine are years old and used all the time. One or two of the bigger ones have felt a bit sticky through lack of use I think. I just rub a bit of talc on them and they’re fine.
I was gifted a set of Aero ones in a zip up case donkeys years ago. Problem is that I find my thumb gets sore where the size is proud when I'm doing lots of crochet.