Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Sewing Bee 2026

(210 Posts)
Millie22 Thu 18-Jun-26 16:42:43

I hadn't seen that announced. It is usually on my fb sewing group with the new start date.

Let's hope it's good 🧵 🪡

lizzypopbottle Thu 18-Jun-26 15:32:26

Thanks for the heads up, PiscesLady I usually watch it later i.e. after the episode has finished or even next day because I'm busy in the evenings.

I expect I'll be rolling my eyes and muttering throughout because of the so called comedy that runs through it. I don't mind the actual comedy presenter but Esme Young and Patrick Grant's daft carry on has me cringing. They are so bad. They should really stick to what they do well i.e. sewing, tailoring and fashion. I suppose it's the TV company who direct it though. Perhaps they think no one will watch without the silliness! Maybe they're right...

I borrowed Patrick Grant's book 'Less' from the library. It's about the rise of consumerism from the middle ages to the present day. I couldn't finish it because it's so depressing. He more of less predicts the end of the world as we know it... Maybe the silly stuff in the sewing bee is a good thing after all! 🤔

NanKate Thu 18-Jun-26 15:01:23

Excellent I love the Show.

Also they have someone called Sophie Willian instead of Sara Pascoe, who never made me laugh, to add the humour. To be honest I think the two professionals can host the show on their own. I think my views may vary from others.

Dodo43 Thu 18-Jun-26 14:47:15

Brilliant!
Thank you Pisces lady.
Something to look forward to watching!

Sarnia Thu 18-Jun-26 08:09:25

Something to look forward post World Cup. Thanks PiscesLady

Chardy Thu 18-Jun-26 08:04:47

Thank you for telling us. I'd no idea it was back on

shysal Wed 17-Jun-26 20:36:41

Great! I look forward to it.

MollyNew Wed 17-Jun-26 20:01:46

Thanks for the info, one of my favourite programmes.

Grannybags Wed 17-Jun-26 19:59:53

Ooh thanks for that. I’ll make a note in my diary!

PiscesLady Wed 17-Jun-26 19:40:24

Starts on 28th July. Let's hope it's a good one!