Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

The stash

(28 Posts)
MawsRosie Fri 04-Sept-26 11:56:25

I challenge anybody who has ever knitted, or crocheted etc to deny they have a stash of wool either still to be knitted, or leftover because it ‘might come in useful’ or just left over.

Grandma600 Mon 14-Sept-26 14:03:50

Guilty as charged. Recently I forced myself to get rid of a couple of bags of oddments of yarn - balls with no identifying labels, that sort of thing - plus some that I knew I would never use. But I still have an awful lot left, and am expecting a delivery this week to make a longline cardi for the winter. I need help blush

JenniRen Mon 14-Sept-26 16:21:27

Norah

I stash paint.

Paint pots, canvases, and brushes may take over this house.

I'm aware paint is not wool.

Oh yes, that as well, but at least it's confined to a large fitted wardrobe in a spare bedroom. I did sort through it recently and threw out some very old paints etc but most went back just in case.
Just in case a grandchild decides to take art for GCSE or A level (none so far), just in case I decide to go back to painting.

Really all the different stashes could be stored in one room, labelled the Craft Room. That would be tidier, wouldn't it?

This winter's project - sorting the various stashes.