Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

How many Grandads do we have?

(715 Posts)
Magsie Mon 23-May-11 16:49:05

How many Grandads do we have and are they happy to be asked things? Step forward lads!

Magsie Tue 24-May-11 14:59:27

Yay PoppaRob!
You win the wine
I haven't got a question but Notsogrand has...

crimson Tue 24-May-11 18:28:27

Got to remember Rob is in a different time zone to all except the insomniacagrans. So really, Rob, it should be G'night....

jennybumble Tue 24-May-11 18:34:16

Grandadbumble reporting for duty, should be good fun to chat to all these Grannys.

royston Tue 24-May-11 18:43:44

Well! There is only one of me.

tjspompa Tue 24-May-11 19:35:04

Hi, sorry been bust with RL for a day or two, back now.

First my laptop has been slowly dying, so I had to re-install the op. system.
Monday, we went to Wicken Fen with friends, just a wee bit windy, but did see some Hobbys.
Today, I've been to hospital in London, as acountry boy, I hate going to London.
Tomorrow I'm having a camera put up my pipe !!!! Might expand on that later after your minds have worked overtime.

Lastly, thanks Geraldine for our own topic (although I think "ask grandad" was your idea, I was just trying to locate fellow males.) So far it seems there is just Rob & Myself (Chris, btw)

Rob, what do you get up to in your workshop ?

tjspompa Tue 24-May-11 19:36:22

bust ???? now was that a Freudian slip, I meant "busy"

tjspompa Tue 24-May-11 19:46:33

GrandadBumble, hello, I am guessing jennybumble is your better half (that should be worth a brownie point!). You will have to create your own login so we know who is chatting.

tjspompa Tue 24-May-11 19:48:38

Royston, you a Grandpa? Hope so, that makes 4 of us.

Guys, please make it clear if you are a Grandpa, names worldwide aren't always obvious.

smike Tue 24-May-11 20:06:07

is gransnet non pc sexist ? hmm

Notsogrand Tue 24-May-11 20:15:16

Great to see all the grandads arriving...is gransnet HQ going to set up a proper Ask a Grandad section for DIY or similar queries? I hope so!

Magsie....I did have a couple of Ask a Grandad questions, but my very wonderful window cleaner came today and supplied the answers. There'll be more!

grumpygramps Tue 24-May-11 20:36:58

Anther gramp has just come in from the garden and joined !!!

tjspompa Tue 24-May-11 20:47:30

Notsogrand (and Geraldine if you are watching). I think we need a topic "Ask a Grandad" where questions can be asked for Grandads (or any informed person) to answer. Questions primarily those that you would expect a Grandad to be knowledgeable on.

But, we also need a Topic "Grandads garden shed" where us Grandads can chat about Granddaddy (is there such a word) things. Ladies will always be welcome if carrying a couple of beers !!!

Smike, yes this is probably a bit non PC and somewhat sexist, but a slightly non PC/ slightly sexist world is fun, so long as we are respectful of others.

Notsogrand Tue 24-May-11 20:54:25

I totally support the idea of a Grandads Garden Shed, it's lovely idea. As long as we can eavesdrop. smile

Hope you're lurking Geraldine......

grumpygramps Tue 24-May-11 20:57:15

Sincere apologies, my first post and my spelling makes me look like I came in from the Pub not the garden.!!
Better pull my socks up if I want to continue and not let the side down.

tjspompa Tue 24-May-11 21:06:09

Hello Grumpy, pub, garden, who cares, so long as you are here :-)

Oh, and I've just realised that "Ask a Grandad" was Crimson's idea.

Grandad or Granddad, which is correct, my spell-check says Granddad, but that just looks wrong.

Michael Tue 24-May-11 21:22:01

OK, Im Here, what more do you nice Ladies want..wink.

tjspompa Tue 24-May-11 21:24:59

Hi Michael, we are going to need a bigger shed soon :-)

Michael Tue 24-May-11 21:27:13

It's Co-op 99.

Notsogrand Tue 24-May-11 21:42:01

What cake/s will you need in the shed?

bikergran Tue 24-May-11 21:48:00

Wow!! just popped in and what ahs happened!! we have males in the camp....thats brill! woooohooo..[smile]...should make things interesting, and will be great to hear "grandads views on things that make the world go round".. wine cheers to all..(maybe we should have a beer glass smiley)! or perhaps there are a lot more wine drinking grandads? I know my hubby loves both [smile] thats when I unlock the cabinet {wink] lol

tjspompa Tue 24-May-11 22:03:37

Cakes for the shed - that sounds good, for me, rock cakes, yummy.

I'm OK with a glass of wine in the shed. hic.

glassortwo Tue 24-May-11 22:18:03

Well hello grandads, we thought you had done a runner grin

tjspompa Tue 24-May-11 22:20:29

LOL, no, as I said earlier RL wanted a share of me.

Vindiboy Tue 24-May-11 22:49:40

Hello all. I am Grandad to six gorgeous girls. I trained for the Merchant Navy on the "Vindicatrix" at Sharpness in 1959.

helshea Tue 24-May-11 23:50:22

It suddenly has become a grandad fest! wow.. it's amazing what can happen in one day! I'm now putting all my DIY queries in alphabetical order.. but suddenly feel sexist for doing it. Funny thing is that probably most of the grandads are into cooking, and cleaning, and half of the grandmas are probably into DIY, and cars. lol. I'm just into anything I can do, and want help at anything i can't .. so still doing that list but just changing it a bit.