(65 Posts)
MrsM Thu 27-Oct-11 21:05:26

was going to have a second grandchild
now not sad

I'll be there for my daughter
would like forum hugs from my contemporaries

life's bloody not fair, is it?

MrsM Fri 04-Nov-11 20:01:28

Yes - it happened to me too - very late - and twins sad I know very well the anguish she is feeling.
However - life goes on, and has to.
Thanks to all for your hugs; they helped - really
Practically, things are not too bad. The process was finished without surgical intervention, which must be good.
Ah, the wimmin together, eh? Though not forgetting that a potential Dad is sad, and a poor potential Grandpa only heard it wasn't to be after the event.

Carol Sun 30-Oct-11 21:18:18

MrsM I feel so sad for your loss. The memory of losing a baby you have not been able to meet never does go away, but will always be tucked away in your heart. I send you love and hugs. I have had the same experience and I think I can empathise with your daughter and you. Best wishes xx

Learnergrandma Sun 30-Oct-11 20:08:21

Mrs M

I am so sorry - it is so hard when we cannot put things right for our children.

Big hugs to both you and your daughter
xx

gracesmum Sun 30-Oct-11 17:30:53

I think from my own experience while it can be "filed away" when the next wee person comes along, the hurt never goes completely.
38 years ago today a little light went out of our lives. He was just 24 days old and I was a mother without a child. I could not love our 3 daughters who were born since an iota less, but even now find myself wondering what sort of boy - then man- he would have been and like Mary "Ponder these things in my heart".thanks

supernana Sun 30-Oct-11 17:06:10

MrsM my heartfelt wishes go out to you. I know the pain of such loss as I had two very late miscarriages. The HURT lasts seemingly forever...or, until the next wee person happens to join the family. All will be well. Hugsthanks

goldengirl Sun 30-Oct-11 16:49:05

So very sad for you and the family. I hope someone is there for the daddy too. I feel for you all.

Mckneff Sat 29-Oct-11 18:16:10

That's very sad news..........

I'm new so hope you dont mind me adding my sympathies to you and yours.

dorsetpennt Sat 29-Oct-11 10:44:04

MrsM it's awful isn't it when that happens. This time last year my DIL lost a baby and we were all devastated as she had had no problems the first time. She is now due to have a baby on November 17th! It doesn't replace the loss but makes it easier to bear - so there is always hope. So sorry for you and your daughter thanks to you both

glammanana Sat 29-Oct-11 10:31:12

So sad to hear your new's hugs to you and your daughter thanks

grandmaagain Sat 29-Oct-11 00:27:09

so sorry [hug] thanks

nanachrissy Fri 28-Oct-11 20:44:59

Big hugs and love to you all thanks

nanny1 Fri 28-Oct-11 20:14:36

Mrs M

Sending you a HUGE {{hug}}
So sorry for your loss x

GoldenGran Fri 28-Oct-11 19:52:27

So sorry for you all,send hugs.

silverfoxygran Fri 28-Oct-11 19:03:31

All these lovely grans are sharing your grief and hopefully it helps you feel less alone. Sometimes being there is all we can do and you will be there for your DD - don't undervalue what that means to her.

riclorian Fri 28-Oct-11 18:57:14

I am so sorry Mrs M - life can be so cruel . There is nothing I can say to make it better for you all . All I can say is take care of each other , life will get better . Hugs to you both x

HildaW Fri 28-Oct-11 18:26:02

MrsM, so very sorry, hug to you and your lovely daughter, such a sadness for her and all your family.

harrigran Fri 28-Oct-11 13:55:31

Big hug MrsM it is very distressing, been there with my DIL thanks

coastwallker Fri 28-Oct-11 11:28:38

Adding to the pile of hugs

susiecb Fri 28-Oct-11 10:21:03

I am sorry what a sad time you must be having. Big hug for you and flowersthanks

bagitha Fri 28-Oct-11 09:44:20

Know what it feels like, MrsM! So sad. Love and best wishes to you and your daughter. xx

Grumpyoldwoman Fri 28-Oct-11 09:28:59

I am so sorry MrsM to hear your news.
It is so very hard to see your child suffering and not being able to take her pain away..after all that is our job. I have had to support my eldest daughter through a miscarriage and a stillbirth and I almost felt a failure not being able to ease her pain.
I am very good at ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) ...had plenty practice..so have a massive one from me. You need one for yourself as you will be the one giving all the hugs.
Lots of love to you xxxxxxxx
btw ...a lot of people call me Mrs M ....from my teaching days.

Notsogrand Fri 28-Oct-11 08:36:26

I'm very sorry MrsM. Hugs and thoughts for you all at this sad time, x

nannym Fri 28-Oct-11 06:42:21

So very sorry for you and your family. Love and hugs xxxxx

Faye Fri 28-Oct-11 03:39:51

I'm so sorry MrsM...hugs for you, your daughter and family. xxx

Twobabes Fri 28-Oct-11 00:26:20

MrsM, I'm so very sad for you and your daughter and family. Sending love and hugs XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX