Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

What nice thing happened to you today

(124 Posts)
cheelu Wed 09-Jan-13 22:11:36

I sat and had an egg n bacon mc muffin in Mc Donalds--had not had one for a long time and really enjoyed it...not sure if grannetters eat Mac Donalds..hope I have not lost all my grannetters friends.....

grannyactivist Thu 10-Jan-13 12:06:37

jeni there's a gremlin that won't let me upload two different photo's of my 'egg', so I've replaced the previous photo with a view of the inside - it's 'eggstraordinary'! grin

grannyactivist Thu 10-Jan-13 12:09:24

Sadly I was in the spelling queue when the gene for artistry was given out! I do think you're adventurous to have a go at this sort of thing. My neighbour has created some really amazing things with a goose egg and her imagination.

tanith Thu 10-Jan-13 12:43:03

My eldest grandson rang OH just for chat and to tell each other silly jokes. He doesn't realise how much this means to OH , he is step dad/grandad to the children and grandchildren from my first marriage and has no children of his own. He is so happy that they all treat him as Dad/Grandad.. There real Dad/Grandad died a year ago .

tanith Thu 10-Jan-13 12:44:10

That should read their real Dad of course.. but you all knew that grin

cheelu Thu 10-Jan-13 12:57:17

Its nice to read happy things right!! I love it--Its so funny though how we go off to other things ha ha smile

gracesmum Thu 10-Jan-13 13:07:05

I have just got back from a "died and gone to heaven" NADFAS talk on Mozart and The Magic Flute by a fantastic chap who also played and sang bits to illustrate his talk. It was worth a whole year's sub for this one meeting alone. [bliss] emoticon.
Hope it sets me up for getting car to garage as a warning light has come on on dash- exhaust symbol, but it might as well be £££££££ symbol. Not looking forward to this bit sad

Nanado Thu 10-Jan-13 14:22:07

gracesmum smile then hmm

harrigran Thu 10-Jan-13 16:26:59

Clicked on jingle's link and got a warning from my security software, it could be infected.

annodomini Thu 10-Jan-13 16:46:56

GA - what a lovely egg. Last time I was in NZ I saw an exhibition of egg art in Christchurch. All sizes from Ostrich down to quite small birds' eggs. Exquisite and yours bears comparison. Lucky you to have such a talented friend. smile

j07 Thu 10-Jan-13 16:49:08

shock harrigran! It's only Amazon!

Grannyknot Thu 10-Jan-13 18:32:43

I had a haircut today that I actually like! smile I've got thick hair and no matter how many times I tell them I like it that way, it brings out the urge in most hairdressers to scalp me. I've actually ducked those funny shaped thinning scissors on occasion in the past. Trouble is, I find that a hairdresser rarely "sees" me after the first time, they go into some sort of cutting daze and snip away, and of course often feel obliged to chat. I feel like saying "I shan't disturb you to talk to you while you're working" with a big smile, when what I mean is "Focus on what you're doing, dammit!" But anyway this is a happy thread, so today I like my haircut! [thumbs up emoticon]

Nonu Thu 10-Jan-13 18:34:27

That is wonderful greatnan , enjoy .

I am going to Mauritius 3rd February till 17th February .

Lovely to have warm weather to look froward to .

grin

Grannyeggs Thu 10-Jan-13 18:45:26

Nonu, how lovely, and I am going there 2nd Feb. to. 15th,I have just heard the good news!

Nonu Thu 10-Jan-13 18:52:58

Grannyeggs , where are you staying ?

Wouldn"t it be funny if we are in the same hotel !!!!

sunshine

Nonu Thu 10-Jan-13 18:54:47

When you say you have just heard the good news , how do you mean ???

sunshine

Grannyeggs Thu 10-Jan-13 18:56:15

The Veranda,near Grande Bay, where will you be? What a great place for a meet up! sunshine

Grannyeggs Thu 10-Jan-13 19:00:17

DH is going there to teach insurance, invited by the Insurance Institute of Mauritius, in return for his teaching we get two weeks in a hotel, including flights there and he teaches for one of the two weeks. It had been cancelled but we now here it is on again. Hooray!

Nonu Thu 10-Jan-13 19:01:12

Le Tropical , Trou de ouse down south where is your place ? In the North?

Nonu Thu 10-Jan-13 19:02:20

Lucky , lucky you .

X

grannyactivist Thu 10-Jan-13 20:41:35

Today my beloved grandson was 3 years old. It's usually a bittersweet occasion as I can't help but recall how I bonded with his late father over the delivery bed, but the visit to his dad's grave was yesterday so today was just sheer pleasure. He started 'school' yesterday and regaled me with tales of his lovely teachers before opening gifts and cards. All the extended family joined us for 'cake and cuddles' - it was wonderful. Not sure his mummy was madly keen on the new hooter I bought for his scooter though! hmm grin

gracesmum Thu 10-Jan-13 21:35:42

flowers ga bitter sweet indeed. And as for a hooter for a scooter! You are wicked! grin

Nanado Thu 10-Jan-13 22:33:06

GA I didn't realise. So sorry flowers

Nanado Thu 10-Jan-13 22:46:13

Nice thing. My piano stool arrived. I only ordered it from A****m yesterday afternoon.

grannyactivist Thu 10-Jan-13 22:47:19

It's okay Nanado - it's been almost three years now and life has settled back into its rhythms. smile My grandson has a lovely new daddy and a sibling on the way and is a very happy little boy. There are certain days when it's still hard and, even though my daughter is now very happily remarried, there are still 'trigger points' which cause us a little sadness. Today I did think of my grandson's other Grandma who will no doubt be feeling very sad.

Ana Thu 10-Jan-13 22:49:15

They can delivery amazingly quickly, can't they? It would be very hard to give up my A****n habit...confused