Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

If you could go bacl to one time in your life when would it be

(56 Posts)
cheelu Sun 13-Jan-13 15:38:22

For me it was when my son was born, I really loved being a Mum, having a little baby to love and have someone love me back, which he did very much as still does now, so far I have never been able to match that happiness....

HUNTERF Tue 15-Jan-13 10:33:38

I would like to go back to any time before 2003 when my wife became ill with cancer. They were probably the best years of my life.
I met my future wife and mother in law when I was at school in 1960 when I was 11.
My mother in law was the headmistress of the school.
We went to university together and got married in 1974 and had 2 daughters one in 1979 and one in 1981.
Sadly my wife passed away before becoming a grandmother.
I am pleased I got early retirement to spend some time with Dad. He has now passed away.
Probably I should say I have got a good life now with 2 wonderful daughters and 3 grandaughters and a dog and another grandchild on the way.
I just wish my wife was still here to enjoy them with me.

Frank

Movedalot Tue 15-Jan-13 10:39:43

So sad Hunter but it does sound as if you have lots of happy memories.

grandimars Tue 15-Jan-13 10:54:30

I agree ariadne. Happy times when my children were growing up, but also unhappiness through my husbands' lack of interest in being a family man. Now we have been amicably separated for eleven years, I live alone, value my independence, have a busy and fulfilled life, with good relationships throughout the family. So I wouldn't go back, I'm very happy where I am.

j07 Tue 15-Jan-13 10:55:48

HUNTERF sad

Glad things are a bit better now. x

cheelu Tue 15-Jan-13 12:24:29

Nellie I think that being a young Mum is a happy time for alot of women, it def was for me, I really loved it, I t felt weired when I walked in the street not pushing a buggy!!

But there is happiness after that time, I quite like being a Nan and its nice to do things I like. Hope its the same for you x x