Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Staying young Beauty tips

(70 Posts)
Audreyab Fri 29-Mar-13 23:33:47

Mine is always put cold water under your eyes in the morning to keep the skin firm--it works....looking forward to reading tips....

Nelliemoser Mon 01-Dec-14 14:02:32

Do you think purveyors of cosmetics have computer "apps" that flash up an alert when anyone posts a thread about appearance so that they can try and bung in an add for their products?

MiceElf Mon 01-Dec-14 13:40:39

If he does he needs to sort his grammar out grin

Elegran Mon 01-Dec-14 13:24:29

Reported as spam. Do you by any chance work in the publicity department of that firm/website you link to, matthewkevin ?

matthewkevin Mon 01-Dec-14 13:12:09

That’s really very nice to read your shopping for wedding.

matthewkevin Mon 01-Dec-14 13:11:50

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

matthewkevin Mon 01-Dec-14 13:07:57

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

matthewkevin Mon 01-Dec-14 13:07:09

Nonu Sun 10-Aug-14 13:37:15

winkwink
x

Lona Sun 10-Aug-14 13:21:19

Not too early on a Sunday Nonu! wink

Nonu Sun 10-Aug-14 13:07:49

I"LL drink to that, Oh TOO EARLY!!

Laugh

Terrafirma1 Sun 10-Aug-14 12:57:36

Even nicer having it done wink

Nonu Sun 10-Aug-14 11:24:27

It is a very good thing to do should have said.
grin

Nonu Sun 10-Aug-14 11:23:13

Oh I massage my feet on a VERY regular basis.

It is a very good thing to !

smile

petra Sun 10-Aug-14 11:05:49

Nobody mentions feet LOL. I 'do' my feet every day: foot scrub, moisturise.
It pays off because the other day my DD said ' haven't you got good feet. Not like some old peoples'
I'm very lucky that I inherited my Mothers good legs. That reminds me of my Father saying ( when he saw my stilettos ) "Get them things off, you'll never have legs like your Mother" little did he know that I put them in my handbag and put them on down the road, same with makeup.

Deedaa Sat 09-Aug-14 22:45:54

My MiL embraced old age in her mid forties. Crimplene dresses, no bra, hair in a bun, no make up because she was too old for that rubbish and a total refusal to learn anything new. Bills were paid in cash at the Post Office, deirect debits and ATM's were off limits - "I like to know where my money is" when people asked me how old she was they were always amazed, because they thought she was about twenty years older.

Aka Sat 09-Aug-14 21:47:19

Agreed Petra plus the way you walk, hold yourself, listen to others, willingness to try new things, accept new ideas, not turn into grumpy old, narrow minded people, etc.

petra Sat 09-Aug-14 21:06:22

I think it's your mind and your outlook on life that gives your age away.

Gillytap1 Sat 09-Aug-14 08:20:29

Liz Earle products are excellent -I use them too����

FlicketyB Sat 09-Aug-14 06:58:58

Absentmy views exactly - and the older you get the more variation in how people look at a given age. New born children all have a similar look. Even at 30 looks can vary, by 70......

Personally I do not think it is how you look physically that tells your age; it is how you dress and do your hair. Many women fail to evolve how they dress or style their hair after their 40s so you can guess their age by looking at those rather than their faces.

For example many women of my age who were 40 in the 1980 still have their hair cut in a short cropped style, attractive but dateable or still wear a slightly updated version of the gathered floral skirt and smart jacket for day time events. I have friends like this.

Deedaa Fri 08-Aug-14 22:05:11

annsixty is right - my mother always had very good skin and I seem to have inherited it, helped by not smoking. Too lazy to look after it properly or drink loads of water, but I've got away with it so far!

alva114 Wed 06-Aug-14 13:19:49

Soutra Wed 19-Feb-14 09:29:14

Thank you!! They never let up do they? hmm

Soutra Wed 19-Feb-14 08:47:44

Why does this read (to me) like advertising copy?hmm

BrittanyJ Wed 19-Feb-14 07:43:35

Penstemmon Thu 23-Jan-14 11:49:20

Be happy and smile a lot! That takes years off people.
e
I had some WI women at my house yesterday and my daughter happened to pop in. She and the oldest lady ( 80s) got on like a house on fire as her attitude was young as opposed to some younger women who take a sharp intake of breath at the far too many modern things ... like the internet and emails!