Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

cats! Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!

(58 Posts)
liminetta Fri 24-Jan-14 19:15:24

Does anyone have a solution to the number of cats using my garden as a toilet? My daffodils are struggling to come up through the mounds of cat poo that are regularly deposited there!
I thought cats usually bury their deposits, but not any more! Ime thoroughly fed up. Any advice please.

BlueBelle Sun 26-Jan-14 19:17:32

I bought a new plant yesterday put it in and as I went out today it s been dug up and used as a bl**dy toilet AGAIN,---- GRRRRRRR I'm not bothered with lion poo give me the lion

Grannyknot Sun 26-Jan-14 19:36:54

bluebelle smile

annodomini Sun 26-Jan-14 19:52:02

Long ago, in my cat days, I noticed that holes had been dug in my very large half barrel in which I had lots of bulbs. Naturally I blamed the cats. However, I happened to look out of the window and caught the real culprit at it. A b****y squirrel was digging up my daffs. I hope they poisoned it!

BlueBelle Mon 27-Jan-14 08:36:25

I live on a main road and never seen a squirrel but have seen my neighbours cats and tis a fight of minds they must be putting their little middle claw up at me every time I go out

absent Mon 27-Jan-14 10:08:11

I don't have a problem. As my houses in London and then in Darlington had only patios, my cats always used litter trays. They have a garden now but you can't teach an old cat to change its spots, so they still use the litter trays. (They're not lovely things but we keep the clean and well scooped and they are nowhere near the vegetable patch.) However, they have gained an entirely new lease of life – they will be 17 in just over a week – and absolutely refuse to share their garden with the neighbourhood cats. The two girls particularly use some shocking feline language and gang up together to chase any interlopers through the hedge.

numberplease Mon 27-Jan-14 17:49:20

I`d been wondering how your cats were faring after their long journey Absent, sounds like they`ve coped just fine. Mia goes outside, but uses the litter tray as soon as she comes in, so I presume, hopefully, that she`s leaving folks`s gardens alone. That said, there aren`t an awful lot of gardens around here anyway, most of us only have yards.

positivepam Mon 27-Jan-14 19:06:43

I have always had cats as well as dogs and never had a problem until I lost my cats and now.... all the neighbourhood ones come and deposit their pooh in my garden, usually where my daughter parks and gets out of her car or one of the GC and it isn't nice having them step in it!! So could I borrow the lion after you BlueBelle please!! I love all animals and would never be cruel to any, but, last night one of these cats decided to get trapped(without us knowing)in our garage and so my dogs must have known and barked and barked and at 3.30am it doesn't really go down well.