Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

cats! Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!

(57 Posts)
gratefulgran54 Fri 24-Jan-14 21:06:28

Anything citrus liminetta , orange peel, lemon slices, citronella garden candles etc. Cats hate it!

liminetta Fri 24-Jan-14 20:19:23

Grannyknot, I sympathise with your problems,alike to mine; My DH said I could have a share of the lawn plot, to make a veg plot, but I wouldn't want to eat veg from there.I grow quite a bit of veg, and strawberries, in large pots, and the cats don't go on them.I also have a greenhouse which I love.I love my garden, and them cats have got it comin!!!!!!!

liminetta Fri 24-Jan-14 20:07:50

Thanks, [Galen], I will try anything that is suggested.I am going out tomorrow to get some holly bush cuttings to stick in the border, as well.
Sorry,[Merlotgran, I do not want a dog-had a terrier once, He was a nutcase!

merlotgran Fri 24-Jan-14 20:01:18

Get a Jack Russell grin

Grannyknot Fri 24-Jan-14 19:59:37

Liminetta I agree, modern cats seem to have lost their manners. We have so many cats in our neighbourhood and if they pooh in the veg garden, I won't eat the veg from there.

Galen Fri 24-Jan-14 19:50:47

Coffee grounds. Worked in DD's garden

liminetta Fri 24-Jan-14 19:15:24

Does anyone have a solution to the number of cats using my garden as a toilet? My daffodils are struggling to come up through the mounds of cat poo that are regularly deposited there!
I thought cats usually bury their deposits, but not any more! Ime thoroughly fed up. Any advice please.