Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Has anybody used "Cash4Clothes&q uot;?

(13 Posts)
glammanana Thu 13-Nov-14 23:25:29

Phoenix E-bay the business suits and shoes they will always sell,and anything else that you want shut of quickly can you not do a car boot sale or hire a table at say a xmas fayre type thing ? even if you sell 2 x items for a £1.00 you will make a few £s far better than giving your stuff away to these guys who run those shops.

ginbins Thu 13-Nov-14 20:21:06

What about the expensive unworn mistakes.

FlicketyB Thu 13-Nov-14 17:19:56

Charity shops always want good clothes. If too much for one shop spread them around several.

Charleygirl Thu 13-Nov-14 13:35:42

I agree with what gillybob Ana and Elegran have said. Try to get as much money as possible from some items. If you do want to get rid of some stuff quite quickly, a couple of pounds is better than nothing.

Anne58 Thu 13-Nov-14 12:57:57

Oops!

Anne58 Thu 13-Nov-14 12:57:40

I suppose that would be a better idea for business suits and good, hardly worn shoes etc, but I also have loads of other stuff that I just want to get shot of quickly.

Anne58 Thu 13-Nov-14 12:57:33

I suppose that would be a better idea for business suits and good, hardly worn shoes etc, but I also have loads of other stuff that I just want to get shot of quickly.

gillybob Thu 13-Nov-14 12:53:45

As Elegran and Ana have said there is no point putting anything decent in the bags as they are all simply weighed in taking no account of the quality of the contents. Why not spend an hour or two a week hanging the best garments up, taking a couple of photographs and popping them on ebay on a "buy it now". Even if you got £2-3 per item (plus postage) it would soon mount up. Its worth looking at the labels and seeing what these things typically sell for. You might be pleasantly suprised. Good luck phoenix.

Ana Thu 13-Nov-14 12:45:51

Great minds, Elegran...grin

Ana Thu 13-Nov-14 12:45:15

50p per kilo doesn't seem an awful lot, especially if you've got some good stuff you want to get rid of. Ebay might be a better bet!

Elegran Thu 13-Nov-14 12:42:58

No, but at 50p per Kg you are not going to get very much, are you? Could you put the better things on Gumtree instead?

Anne58 Thu 13-Nov-14 12:39:05

Don't know what went wrong with the title confused

Anne58 Thu 13-Nov-14 12:38:25

Afternoon all,

We have one of these places not too far away (by Devon Standards) and I'm very tempted to give it a try as I seem to have an enormous amount of clothing that I will never wear again, as in there will be several black bags full if I'm as ruthless as I plan to be grin, although I will be limited by the amount I can fit into the car.

www.cash4clothes.co.uk/