Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Christmas present ideas for older boys please.

(31 Posts)
shysal Thu 20-Nov-14 21:38:58

I shall be giving mainly money to my DGCs, and the 13 yr old girl is no problem, but I am looking for ideas for low cost items as stocking fillers for the boys. They are aged 9, 11, 13, 15 and 15. The youngest two are into football and they all enjoy their electronic gizmos. I have previously given items such as magic tricks and jokes, touch screen gloves, 'man tins' and wash bags with toiletries.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

annodomini Fri 21-Nov-14 17:20:57

Are any of your GC Beavers, Cubs or Scouts? For two of my GSs, I am buying beaver/cub reversible fleece ponchos. These are available on line from the Scout Shop and I think something similar is available for Scouts. Fleece hoodies in Beaver and Cub colours are also available.

shysal Fri 21-Nov-14 20:51:51

No, anno, they are not scouts.
I think I must stop buying now! Today I have ordered the capsules and mini pens, which I shall put inside their crackers (I peel open bought ones), clear magic sticky notes, wind-up torches, Superdry beanie hats and pyjama bottoms/lounge pants.
Thank you all for your input.
If anyone else is looking for ideas, I can recommend 'invisible' security marker pens with built in UV torch, which I bought on eBay last year. Very cheap, and they enjoyed labelling their possessions and each other!

annodomini Fri 21-Nov-14 21:57:24

jingl, I have a scout, two cubs and a beaver - could get expensive if I get each of them a torch and a capsule!

Cressida Fri 28-Nov-14 18:56:02

My sons & grandsons love things they can make together so they'll be getting Airfix/Revell model kits for Christmas.

soontobe Fri 28-Nov-14 19:00:32

Good idea.