Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

New Fridge Freezer - how best to manage transfer?

(27 Posts)
Anne58 Tue 25-Nov-14 19:54:28

Evening all, hope you are all well.

The new beast is due to arrive on Friday, will know early on the day what sort of time to expect it.

I have listed the old one on Freecycle, very clearly stating that the freezer works perfectly well, but the fridge doesn't chill as well as it should. (Thought it might at least do someone over the festive season, especially if in a garage or shed)

I have been contacted by someone who would like it,)hooray! saves me the £9.99 recycling fee AND keeps it out of landfill) asking if they can collect on Friday, I have explained that it is currently pretty full, and would therefore like to wait until the delivery slot is confirmed before agreeing a collection time.

I understand that new ones take a bit of time to get to temperature, and may also need to allow time in case this person turns up either early or late.

I was thinking (as a precautionary measure) being on standby to wrap all the current contents in towels and put them in a laundry basket outside.

Any thoughts?

Nelliemoser Wed 26-Nov-14 11:54:53

To get past the "resting" new fridge I just had to crawl under the kitchen table to get some lentils out of the cupboard.