Ask a gran

pressure cooking

(9 Posts)
Soutra Sun 14-Dec-14 16:23:51

Elegran you are so resourceful!! smile

J52 Sun 14-Dec-14 15:58:56

Pressure cookers scare me! Granny had one that hissed and spluttered! x

tillyflop Sun 14-Dec-14 11:07:17

Thank you Pompa and Elegran. Had a look at the store you mentioned, that particular one is to big. I put trivet in the search box and they have 936! I will have to refine that search a bit i think. Like the cutlery idea, that should work ok.
Thanks again for your help. The one DH was making is looking good. ...now filing all the sharp edges off. He's a treasure, lol.

Elegran Sun 14-Dec-14 10:21:21

Lay three stainless steel bits of cutlery in a triangle on the base of the cooker and rest the basket on them.

pompa Sun 14-Dec-14 10:00:41

It looks like this, but is another make.

www.amazon.co.uk/Kitchen-Craft-Silicone-Folding-Trivet/dp/B003NDYMHI/ref=sr_1_4?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1418551161&sr=1-4&keywords=silicon+trivet

pompa Sun 14-Dec-14 09:55:28

Please don't use a wire hanger, many of these are zinc plated, not good to put in contact with food. Linda has a foldaway plastic trivet, they are available in most kitchen shops.

tillyflop Sun 14-Dec-14 09:07:21

Hi, thanks for that, will have a go if i can find a wire hanger, usually bin em in self defence! , Did you know they breed in the wardrobe if left in the dark? DH is ripping on old pan lid apart at the mo...what that is going to be ? Who knows..he's usually quite inventive though.

vegasmags Sun 14-Dec-14 09:01:39

My newish pressure cooker didn't have a trivet, but came with a device that looks remarkably like a coat hanger, bent into a V shape, with small legs to keep it just clear of the metal base. Maybe try constructing something like this from an actual coat hanger - wire one, of course.

tillyflop Sun 14-Dec-14 08:55:27

What can i use inside my pressure cooker in place of the trivet? Got a new cooker and the old trivet wont fit it and the new one has only a basket. Dont want to have to buy anything else just now, flat broke after pressie buying, lol. Isnt it great though buying for little ones, had so much fun.