Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

A steam-clean for your vagina?

(64 Posts)
Riverwalk Fri 30-Jan-15 08:00:56

.... with the herb Mugwort for extra loveliness!

The latest must-have from Gwyneth Paltrow.

steam throne

Riverwalk Fri 30-Jan-15 12:37:29

All this health stuff is nonsense - she's apparently been photographed many times smoking!

POGS Fri 30-Jan-15 13:22:59

I think the clue is in the word 'mug'

If this her idea of what to do with plants and herbs such as mugwort got forbid she moves onto the 'red hot poker' grin

pompa Fri 30-Jan-15 13:25:20

OMG -- just hope Mrs. P doesn't think she can clean my bits with her steam mop.

POGS Fri 30-Jan-15 13:32:05

Hmm pompa, maybe there is a use for the red hot poker after all, I might have to go back to the drawing board grin

louisamay Fri 30-Jan-15 13:32:40

Just looked at the LA Spa link. How on earth steam cleaning the vagina 'kills intestinal worms' God knows! Maybe it boils the little buggars...

Pittcity Fri 30-Jan-15 13:41:44

Read through this thread and then opened Facebook - an ad for steam cleaning ovens popped up grin

KatyK Fri 30-Jan-15 13:53:33

When they were discussing this on TV the other day, someone emailed in and said 'I am having my oven steam cleaned this afternoon. Should I ask him if he offers this service as well?' grin

rockgran Fri 30-Jan-15 14:53:34

Deary me!

Teetime Fri 30-Jan-15 15:18:13

My steam mop has a hand held device and DH looks at a loose end this afternoon- shall we give it a try?

Retiredguy Fri 30-Jan-15 15:27:12

Joanna Lumley in her Trip up the Nile series had a go at something similar.
A sort of chimney come stool jobby with herbs and such smouldering in it.
Fumigates and scents the area apparently and is quite the tradition by all accounts.
She showed a whole row of stalls where they made and sold said stools.
Joanna sat atop for a while and seemed to be quite pleased with the results.

pompa Fri 30-Jan-15 15:53:00

TeeTime, attack him with a steam mop and his end will be very loose.

janeainsworth Fri 30-Jan-15 18:20:34

Someone should give Gwynnie a serious talking to.

If it's not enough that girls are being sold the idea that pubic hair should be shaved, or worse, to make them desirable to men, she's now reinforcing the notion that the vagina and perineal area need something more than normal washing to remain healthy.

How can girls have confidence in their bodies and themselves when people like Gwyneth Paltrow peddle this dangerous claptrap?

vampirequeen Fri 30-Jan-15 19:22:22

Apparently it can cause allergic reactions including itchy rashes. Oooooh not my idea of how nice clean bits should feelshock [crossed legs]

granjura Fri 30-Jan-15 19:44:22

jane, perfectly said. How absolutely ridiculous, but actually much worse if it leads to even more feeelings of total inadequacy for young grils and women.

Ana Fri 30-Jan-15 20:02:00

The procedure apparently steam-cleans your uterus as well! What claptrap...hmm

Crafting Fri 30-Jan-15 20:44:25

My mother used to warm my metal potty with hot water (which she emptied out befor I used it) do you think she was ahead of her time grin

Crafting Fri 30-Jan-15 20:45:14

Perhaps I should add I was a young child at the time before someone gets the wrong idea!

Deedaa Fri 30-Jan-15 22:15:26

Ooh Teetime I've got a handheld attachment on my steam mop too! Anyone fancy coming round for a DIY steaming party?

I remember a friend of mine being told off when she went for a smear because she'd cleaned the whole area far too thoroughly, definitely not good for it.

Mishap Fri 30-Jan-15 22:19:40

Steamed fanny for tea - whoopee! How barmy is this?!

Flowerofthewest Fri 30-Jan-15 22:53:18

Nothing is getting near my 'noonie', well nothing that shouldn't be there. I used to work in a day center, we had a new washroom installed. The toilet with a magnificent creation with a button to press that whooshed warm water up your nether regions and then gave a blast of warm air to blow dry it. Our boss insisted that all of the staff use it so that we would experience what our client group would experience (adults with multiple disabilities) We lined up and the squeals of either delight or horror that came from behind the closed door were something to behold.

There was an article the other day that suggested that semen was extremely beneficial for skin. Suggestions were that it was 'caught' and kept in a tub and the exquisite 'lemon/ammonia' scent would be so attractive that women would not, could not resist it. I have a sneaking suspicion that the idea was invented by a very lonely man.

granjura Sat 31-Jan-15 09:03:44

What claptrap Ana - maybe a cure ;)

Teetime Sat 31-Jan-15 09:14:46

Well if it wasn't for DH's insistence we do it in the garden where he likes to do steam cleaning I would have been able to report back but it was snowy and muddy and I didn't want to get it all mucky again.

percival Sat 31-Jan-15 10:57:45

Maybe just needs rodding, now and again. smile

TerriBull Sat 31-Jan-15 11:26:40

I think Gwynnie might consider steam cleaning her gob rather than her vagina,, very shocked to read a while back, whilst being interviewed on some American chat show, she called her maternal grandmother a c**t, as she didn't think granny liked her much, clearly granny had very good judgement! Nevertheless pretty appalling to use that word about a grandparent, particularly on national tv, showing off I'd say. Hope Blythe Danner gave her a clip round the ear afterwards!

durhamjen Sat 31-Jan-15 12:34:47

Mugwort is supposed to be very good for hypochondriacs.