Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

What would you do?

(43 Posts)
Riverwalk Mon 16-Mar-15 12:31:34

I have an unopened box of Leonidas chocolates right in front of me .... they're 80 calories a pop.

It will take me 21 minutes to walk off each choc.

Any advice? grin

rockgran Mon 16-Mar-15 15:15:25

You are all wrong - Mothers Day chocolates do not contain calories - scientific fact!

hildajenniJ Mon 16-Mar-15 15:30:07

I'm half way through a box of Lindor chocolates given to me by my DS. Stop making me feel guilty!!

sunseeker Mon 16-Mar-15 15:42:10

I still have 3 boxes of chocolates in the fridge from Christmas! I always thought that if nobody saw you eat chocolate it doesn't count!

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 16-Mar-15 15:49:16

Gagagran

I thought calories didn't count if you eat the chocs quickly?

Standing on one leg in a month with an r in it

At least I hope that's the case

Charleygirl Mon 16-Mar-15 15:53:30

A little of what you fancy does you good!

Riverwalk Mon 16-Mar-15 15:55:24

I've put the chocolates out of sight and munching on manchego instead!

BTW Cari I think we should have a 'healthy' icon, something like a pair of trainers - there are far too many 'naughty' ones!

loopylou Mon 16-Mar-15 16:21:06

Frozen chocs are twice as nice.....blush and as the calories are frozen hopefully they stay that way when you eat them?
Scoff the lot, enjoy them and renew intentions when you stop feeling sick!
Simples grin

loopylou Mon 16-Mar-15 16:22:19

Cari anything broken before eating had lost all its calories because they've fallen out.......

MamaCaz Mon 16-Mar-15 16:28:15

I vote for the "scoff the lot as quick as you like" approach.

I reckon that if you eat things quickly enough, your body doesn't have time to extract all the calories from them before they pass through, so you won't put on weight.
Ok, so that's just wishful thinking, but it saves me from hours (or days) of worrying about it, and everyone knows that worrying is bad for your health ! grin

Gagagran Mon 16-Mar-15 16:50:11

That's right MamaCaz- speed is the necessary factor. I knew I was right!

loopylou Mon 16-Mar-15 16:53:17

I'm glad there are similar approaches taken by other GNs grin
Get them out of temptation's way, until the next time!

Coolgran65 Mon 16-Mar-15 16:59:25

On Saturday whilst doing grocery shopping I bought a £1 x 6 pack of chocolate Freddo bars, and a £1 x 6 pack of mini bags of choc buttons for the dgc treat tin...... blush
They were really nice.

pompa Mon 16-Mar-15 17:04:39

Share them with DW, then I will only feel half a guilty at scoffing the lot.
If I were to die in my sleep, I would regret not having eaten them confused

MamaCaz Mon 16-Mar-15 17:32:01

It's only a few weeks since I got a chocolate craving when the little people were with me. It's not easy extracting a bar of chocolate from its hiding place in the cupboard, opening it, breaking pieces off it and scoffing them without being caught, when there's a two and a three-year old right behind your back, eating a healthy lunch. blush

And that was just cheap supermarket value chocolate - imagine the lengths I'd go to for the good stuff grin

kittylester Mon 16-Mar-15 17:38:47

I bought a pack of 10 small flakes that are meant to be used for making 99s. I thought I'd be ok because, when the urge came upon me, I'd only have one and the rest would remain hidden in the freezer. The only problem is - I know where they are! grin

hildajenniJ Mon 16-Mar-15 18:04:24

Oh dear, I think I might have eaten too many chocs. I have a slight headache now. sad

nannieroz111 Mon 16-Mar-15 18:25:18

I'm with rockgran scientific fact. No calories = permission to scoff the whole box. Yum yum grin