Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Urgent advise needed. Monday 25th Jan. 16.30

(28 Posts)
Howjado Mon 25-Jan-16 16:48:45

My dd has just text me to say she has arrived at the log cabin she has booked for the week, with a car full of food and two hungry toddlers, to be told the company (well known , I think they do boat holidays as well) has no record of her reservation despite sending her an e mail confirmation of her booking and taking her money! They are saying she cancelled. She is so upset and I am out of the country. What can she do?

Wendysue Sun 31-Jan-16 01:57:59

Oh wow, Howjado! How awful!

If DD had never been there before, I would suspect a scam. But since she has enjoyed staying there before, I imagine there was some kind of computer error involved (or human error by the company). So sorry!

Hope it all worked out in the end! Please let us know.

Howjado Wed 10-Feb-16 18:35:28

My daughter was offered another log cabin one hours drive away, which she accepted. She had to pay full price for this alternative accommodation. When she got home and checked her bank statements, the original fee for the first cabin had been repaid into her account, but how many off us check our bank accounts to see if this has occurred before we leave for the airport?