Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

The games people play....

(31 Posts)
NonnaW Fri 05-Feb-16 13:12:34

Was fairly addicted to candy crush. Trying to wean myself off.

pensionpat Fri 05-Feb-16 13:06:18

I enjoy Peak too. Also addicted to Wordbrain.

NanaandGrampy Fri 05-Feb-16 12:17:44

I don't know if you have an iPhone Imperfect but there something called Peak Brain Training in the Apple Store. It's free ( although you can pay if you want more games in the pro version) .

You 4 or 5 games a day , about 5 mins in total. Then you can compare your results to others in your age group. They are good little puzzles but quite addictive. As you get better new puzzles appear.

rubysong Fri 05-Feb-16 11:48:39

My son got me playing candy crush last year and for a few months we both did loads of it. Then we both realised what a waste of time it was; relaxing (plus point) but very addictive and time consuming (negative point). All in all we both feel better without it.

Imperfect27 Fri 05-Feb-16 10:03:16

I don't do any gaming at the moment, but I do enjoy online quizzes. I likie ones where you are up against the clock and maybe - or maybe not (!)- end up on the leader board.

I have a couple of friends who keep sending me links to Candy crush and the like, but I think that if I start I won't stop and I have become bad enough at wiling away hours on GN!!! grin

NanaandGrampy Fri 05-Feb-16 09:30:09

I'm a bit of a geek - that's not an apology by the way smile

I love computer games and play regularly. Last night i was playing a multiplayer online game and got chatting with other players and it turned out that I was the oldest by 20 years.

It got me wondering do I have any fellow gamers out there? Anything from Candy Crush to Cross Boss to Forge of Empires?

Or am I the lonely bastion of gaming grannies smile?