Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Local Shropshire Gransnet

(8 Posts)
DotMH1901 Thu 25-Feb-16 10:19:48

I am hoping to be the local editor for the Shropshire Gransnet and wondered how many of the members here live in Shropshire and would like to see the page up and running again?

Lazigirl Thu 25-Feb-16 11:53:12

Hello DotMH. I'm quite new to GN and live in Shropshire. Just spotted your post. I don't know what Shropshire GN is. Didn't know GN had local branches, but am interested.

Badenkate Thu 25-Feb-16 13:05:17

Hi DotMH, I live in the far north of Shropshire, in Whitchurch. I'm not sure (well, to be honest, have no idea) how local branches work, and from past experience of Shropshire-centred organisations they tend to concentrate on Shrewsbury and points south leaving us isolated in the north, but I'm certainly interested in anything you can do

DotMH1901 Thu 25-Feb-16 14:37:24

Hi Lazigirl and Badenkate - Lovely to here from you! Shropshire GN is just the local version of Gransnet, I am aiming to tailor the items on it to be of local interest such as places to visit, activities, shopping etc

Lazigirl Thu 25-Feb-16 20:40:33

Sounds good. There must be some more Shrops GNs out there. If not will have to recruit.

jogginggirl Thu 25-Feb-16 21:46:16

Hello - I'm here in North Shropshire too - not far from Whitchurch.... I envy you Whitchurch guys - you have a fab Sainsbury's ...wink grin

Badenkate Thu 25-Feb-16 22:12:33

It's one of the best things about Whitchurch - was so pleased when it opened smile

jogginggirl Thu 25-Feb-16 22:52:19

I agree - a visit to the store or online - it's an excellent service ...?