Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

B&B near Chester Zoo

(7 Posts)
Emelle Sun 03-Apr-16 22:09:22

The Hilton is expensive! I can also recommend some lovely little cafes for breakfast if you fancy a treat. Enjoy the zoo, it is lovely a day out. we have spent many a happy hour there with our grandchildren.

tiggypiro Sun 03-Apr-16 20:48:08

Thanks Emelle and JessM for your suggstions. The Hilton proved to be too expensive (more than £200) and we have taken the very cheap route of Travel Lodge - £35 !!. It will probably be small but only for one night and will serve a purpose. We shall take cereal and milk for breakfast and there is of course tea and coffee in the room.

JessM Sun 03-Apr-16 19:34:58

RE Premier Inn - I think all rooms are the same size (double bed plus couch) and you put in 2 adults and 2 children on the website and they will convert the sofa into a bed and provide an extra kid's bed.

Emelle Sat 02-Apr-16 13:40:25

There is a Hilton conveniently placed for the zoo, set in it's own grounds and a little way out of the City centre so quieter. I don't know about the prices for that particular one but we have always managed to get a good deal when we have been and most of them have nice family rooms.

tiggypiro Sat 02-Apr-16 12:57:52

I agree about Premier Inns JessM and there are 2 in Chester. The trouble is that their website is totally useless and only wants to give me a price for a double room rather than a family one and only for the hotel that I entered into the search box first. They seem impossible to contact other than a premium rate telephone number and I am so exasperated by them.

JessM Fri 01-Apr-16 17:40:34

Always worth checking out the nearest Premier Inn - I have always found them comfortable and clean and the staff are helpful. Might be better value than B and B - especially in an area like Chester which is a big tourist attraction in itself. B and B accom is often cramped I find.

tiggypiro Fri 01-Apr-16 16:42:46

Does anyone have any recommendations for a B&B/ Hotel (reasonably priced) near Chester zoo ? DD and I plus 2 small GS's are going to the zoo in July on the way back from Ireland. We would like a family room and I am going a touch dizzy looking at various websites !