Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Paper wedding anniversary

(19 Posts)
Badenkate Fri 20-May-16 12:57:28

Busy year last year as both DSs got married! First DS's anniversary was easy: it was his second and neither he or DDIL wanted a big, expensive wedding so for an anniversary present I put together an album of wedding photos. Second DS had the full works, so I can't do that. Any ideas from G'S for paper presents? They won't expect anything really, but I'd like to mark the day with something, and I'must out of ideas. (Please don't suggest I do anything artistic hmm)

annsixty Fri 20-May-16 13:09:07

Perhaps a copy of a quality newspaper of the wedding day which they can keep along with their other momentous of the day.

annsixty Fri 20-May-16 13:09:56

That should read momentos.

mumofmadboys Fri 20-May-16 13:21:03

A voucher for a meal somewhere nice?

Cherrytree59 Fri 20-May-16 14:18:03

Andrex

Theatre or cinema tickets

Auntieflo Fri 20-May-16 20:59:44

Do you think that they will be thinking chequesgrin

Badenkate Fri 20-May-16 21:51:42

They won't be expecting anything Auntyflo. I just want to give them something to celebrate their first wedding anniversary.

Eloethan Sat 21-May-16 00:18:36

I searched "paper gifts" "unusual paper lamp shades" and "paper art for sale" and found quite a lot of interesting gifts. Not on the High Street does a personalised wedding anniversary framed paper cut picture.

If you are artistic, you might even be able to find instructions on how to make a small cut out picture which could be framed.

Badenkate Sat 21-May-16 08:17:09

Thanks Eloethan, I've been looking at 'not on the high street' as well, and saw something similar which looked quite good. I'm afraid I don't do artistic although I'd love to be able to ?. Even people who say 'everybody can do drawing etc' have given up on me!

Cherrytree59 Sat 21-May-16 08:31:06

Badenkate the song paper roses is in my head this morning and I thought of you.
Last year I bought a lovely single peony rose in a little glass vase with infuser sticks( it came with lovely scented oil).
The company I purchased it from is called Peony Rose. ( They are on the net).
Just recently a friend visited their shop and outlet (I think its on a farm)
I believe its near Shifnal in Shropshire.
She said she was like a' kid in a sweet shop'.
She purchased a beautiful phalanopsis (ot sure of the correct spelling) orchid in a glass bowl.
Also a very contemporary arrangement with beautiful bird of paradise.
I know they are not strictly speaking made of paper but my peony rose does have tissue like quality
The flowers are all stunning and extremely life like.

Badenkate Sat 21-May-16 16:10:44

Thanks Cherrytree. That's really useful since I live in Shropshire! I'll look at the website and then pop down

grandMattie Sun 22-May-16 09:52:03

We received nothing on ours! DD's was celebrated with several reams of printing paper and some nice photos. Good luck.

sallyswin Sun 22-May-16 10:50:23

Golden Wedding next month. Expect DD will remember and possibly a couple of friends. Don't expect presents though. Children live a long way away so we will just go out for a nice meal at night though I am toying with the idea of breakfast at a local restaurant who do scrambled eggs with smoked salmon! I do always make a point of remembering DD/DSonIL's anniversary.

mischief Sun 22-May-16 12:00:34

I looked online for a paper anniversary present for my DD and found something I knew I could do myself. Do you have a computer and printer Badenkate, if so, you can do it too.

Get a nice piece of quality paper in cream or maybe grey or white and think of all the things that were marvelous about their wedding day.

The venue/country
Special wines
People who matter to them
Sunshine?
Colours
Something that happened unexpectedly

All that can be suggested in one word or short phrase and each word can be in a different font and colour/shade. Arrange them in different sizes on the page. Buy a lovely A4 photo frame and bobs your uncle. My DD&DH loved it and have it in their bedroom. There are happy memories (aide memoires) to treasure for as long as they want to and a very useful photo frame when they don't.

If you don't have a computer and printer you can buy them online customised to your preferences.

Good luck

Grannieanne Sun 22-May-16 16:47:04

A friend of mine had one of the photos of her son's wedding made into a jigsaw by one of these firms you see online. I thought it was a really good idea.

Badenkate Sun 22-May-16 17:10:41

Some lovely ideas. Thank you all so much!

GrannyR19 Mon 23-May-16 07:36:24

What about a poster of the map of the world where you scratch of each country as you visit it. I think the name of the printer was Luckies.

Lilyflower Mon 23-May-16 10:03:32

Books. The Folio Society is doing a great deal on their wonderful books ATM.

sluttygran Mon 23-May-16 20:51:14

A couple of Euro Millions tickets in a nice card - might just be the best anniversary present EVER! grin