Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Christmas gift ideas for grandparents

(35 Posts)
Christinefrance Mon 07-Nov-16 16:48:19

Books, Baileys, and chocs for me too rosesarered. Liked the idea of Crufts tickets as well. Amazon vouchers always welcome .

rosesarered Mon 07-Nov-16 16:34:20

A lot of expensive suggestions there grin
I am happy with chocolates, books, any type of attractive scarf or a bit of jewellery, and DH chocs, Baileys ( me too!) books, music.

Stansgran Mon 07-Nov-16 16:30:48

I'm still enjoying a monthly gift of letterbox flowers. Magazine subscription is good and wine by the bucket/ case/ bottle.

grannypiper Mon 07-Nov-16 16:15:02

National trust membership is always welcome and if you add grandchildren it is only £4 more

Granarchist Mon 07-Nov-16 16:07:53

That our profile
I always appreciate bubble bath/bath oils/shower gel
(+ gardening gloves, garden vouchers but that because its my passion) - nice wine, champagne - all prettily wrapped.
DH really couldn't care less but always needs handkerchieves - his best present last year was membership of the Wine Society.
what about sub to a magazine so they get something once a month or similar.
Tickets to Crufts Dog Show? I went last year for the first time because my sister had qualified her dog - it was fantastic -
book vouchers -
Photo album of their grandchildren - easy and not expensive via Photobox or similar on line.

Jayanna9040 Mon 07-Nov-16 16:05:44

How much are you planning to spend?

ninathenana Mon 07-Nov-16 15:59:45

DVD box set
Framed portrait of family

tanith Mon 07-Nov-16 15:54:03

Cinema/show tickets/restaurant vouchers.

Teetime Mon 07-Nov-16 14:20:16

Cashmere scarves- that's because I am longing for one myself and I'm 63.

KH1979 Mon 07-Nov-16 14:14:54

Hello, I am at a loss as to what to get my MIL/FIL/mother this year for Christmas! Can anyone please give me some suggestions for gifts this year?! Grandparents are early 60s in age, all love dogs... but no other hobbies in particular. Food/dining gifts sadly not appropriate.

Any suggestions greatly received!
Many thanks