Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

names

(123 Posts)
Morgana Tue 31-Jan-17 16:06:08

My D D is wondering what names to use with her D D for her 'bits' . The proper anatomical names seem a bit much for a 2 year old. I know it sounds ridiculous but we can t remember what words we used to use. Any suggestions?

norose4 Sun 05-Feb-17 18:06:03

Both Boy &girls 'bits 'were called'downstairs 'or 'nether regions'eventually shortened to 'your nethers'

downtoearth Sun 05-Feb-17 17:24:53

And have our knockers grin

Ana Sun 05-Feb-17 16:29:55

Don't worry dwntoearth, we all make the occasional boob! grin

downtoearth Sun 05-Feb-17 16:08:02

T*t

downtoearth Sun 05-Feb-17 16:07:30

My original name on here was nellie (deane)grin have been known to make a t*the of myselfgrin

BBbevan Fri 03-Feb-17 20:48:15

My DD calls her breasts Nellies

Alidoll Fri 03-Feb-17 17:48:21

My daughter calls breasts "noodles". I have NO idea where she got that one from (can only guess it was at nursery). Now her Daddy calls them Mummy's noodles too blush

Elegran Fri 03-Feb-17 17:23:28

Between the legs?

M0nica Fri 03-Feb-17 16:51:07

I thought a tweenie was a description of a maid in domestic service who switched between roles at different times; house maid and nursery maid, for example

campbellwise Fri 03-Feb-17 15:23:34

We said we had a "tweenie"; no idea where the term came from, but I still use it with my granddaughters.

Flowerofthewest Fri 03-Feb-17 15:03:02

Not Flower please shock Foof, noony, minimoo, fanny, Mary. ...All used in our large family....also vaginas of course

LadyShallot Fri 03-Feb-17 13:13:29

I had a son called William, so we used the term wee-wee for the boys, rather than willie! Our GD's refer to their bits, but it's interesting, isn't it, that when I was little, 60 odd years ago, we had NO WORD FOR IT?! (I had no brothers where you probably can't ignore it) Nor did we have a family word for a fart (it was 'trump' when we got to school!) but I do remember my mum leaning down to me at the age of about 4 and asking "Was that a tummy burp or a bottie burp?" How times have changed!

Lilypops Thu 02-Feb-17 20:26:00

My friend calls it her "lettuce" ,, another calls it her "tweet". I just call it fanny,

Witzend Thu 02-Feb-17 17:28:33

Hasn't arisen yet with Gdd but I do quite like tuppence. Dd has a friend whose nickname is NooNoo so that wouldn't do!
Have also heard of ladybird, for obvious reasons.

A nephew of mine had a good name for some boys' bits. He was remarking one day their their dog was licking his balls, so my sister told him that the proper name was testicles.
Some days later he said, 'What was that word again, Mum? The one that means willyballs?' ?
They were willyballs forever more in that house.

Peaseblossom Thu 02-Feb-17 16:50:11

icanhandthemback Winkle and Willy meant the same thing!

Peaseblossom Thu 02-Feb-17 16:46:23

absent I had to laugh as my dear departed mother was called Gladys!

luluaugust Thu 02-Feb-17 13:39:37

Small granddaughter uses mini, which can be awkward as we drive one!

LadyGracie Thu 02-Feb-17 11:13:03

My friend from Barbados calls hers her pat-a-cake

MaggieMay69 Thu 02-Feb-17 10:26:42

The day my grandaughter came round and used the toilet alone, and shouted 'Nana, I have cleaned my powder puff!' I swear I almost collapsed with laughing. These days, my grandkids use the word Minnie (brilliant when my son drives a Mini and says he has to have his Mini cleaned, raucous giggling from the family, idiots lol) however, when I was young, I am hoping someone can tell me why as I never found out, it was always called a Purpy! For years thats the only name for my lady garden that I knew!
The boys in the family simply have a willy or penis, which was funny when my grandson cried because he thought his best friend was allergic to penis.

CaliBoingo Thu 02-Feb-17 10:20:44

My son was taught the anatomical name for his. We determined that it would be less confusing for him when the inevitable playground discussions arose. He was also made aware that kids know it by many different names. It also meant we only needed that conversation once! wink

Gagagran Thu 02-Feb-17 08:58:29

Mine call it their "girlybits".

Longdistancegrnny Thu 02-Feb-17 08:39:42

When I was little I used 'Inbetweens', when I was in the bath my mother would say "have you washed your Inbetweens?"

deedee6262 Thu 02-Feb-17 08:09:03

My dgd's call it their "ladybits" too

Rinouchka Thu 02-Feb-17 07:01:38

Agree, absent.

absent Thu 02-Feb-17 06:20:26

I dislike nu-nu, waddle, tinkle, fairy or starburst almost as much as I dislike cunt. Shall we teach our little girls (and boys) to call their livers Oliver and their hearts Gladys? It's a part of the body – and, yes, we all know that little boys discover and regard their penises as if they are some sort of treasure from quite early on – but it is a good idea to be pretty brisk about the damn thing – at least until some adult woman regards it as exciting when he is adult too.