Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

do u have a dash cam?

(79 Posts)
Devorgilla Wed 08-Feb-17 16:22:35

I am considering getting one for front and back, given that, being over 70, I am obviously a much greater liability on the road. I just want to be able to prove it 'was the other guy - you know, the young one'.

Badenkate Wed 08-Feb-17 16:22:20

No, but I have seriously thought about it. I'd like to record the person who overtakes me on a double white line when I'm already doing 60 on a normal road, or the one who is heading towards me because they're talking on their mobile - and then I'd report them, because I'm fed up with bad drivers!!!

Greyduster Wed 08-Feb-17 15:38:50

Good Lord, no. What do they do? We have enough bits of tech in our motor to keep us on our toes; there is an indicator for everything apart from telling you when to reach for another sweetie, and it is so sensitive it frightens the life out of me when it suddenly shrieks for no reason that you can fathom. I sorely miss the rear parking camera we had in our last car, though.

Morgana Wed 08-Feb-17 15:30:34

D H got bee in his bonnet at mo about getting a dash cam. Does anyone else have one? Are they worth having? If so which is the best?