Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

stressless chairs.Are they worth it?

(23 Posts)
Franbern Sat 12-May-18 13:27:14

I think the stressless chairs are wonderful, however, I do not like leather furniture, prefer soft fabric - and they do not do those. So, a couple of years ago I purchased from a different company, a reclining chair and stool. Minute percentage of Stressless price and is extremely comfortable. Good to shop around

MichaelDismukes Sat 12-May-18 13:20:52

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Jane10 Sat 18-Feb-17 15:30:53

Look on it as an investment Teetime.

Teetime Sat 18-Feb-17 09:37:43

Yes worth a look - we are teetering on the verge of a Stressless too having bought a cheaper version form HSL five years ago which is now caput.

mrsmopp Fri 17-Feb-17 23:32:19

I am a fan of stress less as they are blissfully comfortable and also very stylish. If the price makes you cry, why not check on eBay? I got a lovely Parker knoll chair last year for £50 in perfect condition. Shop price was over £600. Worth a look?

Crafting Fri 17-Feb-17 21:04:49

We have 2. Had them for 18 years still looking good and working well. Can't get comfortable in anything else now. Like siting with my feet up so we have footstools too. Everyone who comes here gets to sit on them (we sit on the sofa when we have visitors). And likes them.

Sorry about your burglary. Such a shame you lost things that aren't replaceable. Hope you like your new chair.

Tizliz Fri 17-Feb-17 17:49:07

I have an Ercol recliner, the reason I choose it over the Stressless is that the tipping mechanism is not visible. Mine is like this one

Jane10 Fri 17-Feb-17 17:45:57

They come in several sizes katek. Maybe you're friend has the wrong size for you? I bet you'd find one perfect for relaxing if you had the right one.
Glad you've taken action Jenn! Enjoy. Sounds like you really deserve it.

Lazigirl Fri 17-Feb-17 17:34:24

jenn. Bad luck on your burglary. We have had two Stressless chairs for over 20 years and friend with spinal injury has two sofas and two chairs as the only thing she can sit in comfortably. We love them and ours are still as good as new. I have quite short legs and use chair with the footstool. (Make sure you have enough recline room behind them). Well worth initial outlay.

Cherrytree59 Fri 17-Feb-17 17:16:08

Well done you!
I wish you many hours of comfy
sittingsmile

jenn Fri 17-Feb-17 15:51:03

It's being delivered next week....in a sale too!!!!

Katek Fri 17-Feb-17 12:00:57

My friend bought a complete suite when she downsized and loves it. Personally, I'm not so keen as I find myself sitting pretty much bolt upright! The seat length is short for me so I find it cuts off circulation to my legs below the knee! Fine if you can recline, but you don't tend to do that when you've just called round for coffee. Best thing is to go and try them out.

CassieJ Fri 17-Feb-17 10:41:21

I have two Stressless chairs. They are now over 20 years old and still in excellent condition. They are really comfortable and I wouldn't be without them.
The leather on them is still as good as new, not like cheaper ones that end up splitting. I do nothing to keep them in good condition, they just use better leather in the first place.

jenn Fri 17-Feb-17 09:44:29

Thank you ladies I knew I could rely on GN.The insurance money for my jewellery will cover the cost ,most of my jewellery was sentimental so cannot be replaced .

Cherrytree59 Fri 17-Feb-17 09:41:41

jenn
So sorry can't help
but just like to say how sorry I am.
You have had a dreadful experience.

If a sressfree chair would help to improve your well-being then I would say after what you have been through you should buy one.

So I'm giving you a push!

gettingonabit Fri 17-Feb-17 09:28:11

Have you tried ebay?

glammanana Fri 17-Feb-17 09:02:19

One of the best pieces of furniture we have ever bought I wouldn't be without mine,certainly shop around for the best deal the difference in price can be amazing.

Jane10 Fri 17-Feb-17 06:44:00

We absolutely love ours! They are sort every penny. Shop around there are price variations depending on promotions.
I guarantee you wont regret it. To save argument we bought one of each and a sofa too for visitors (it reclines too)!

annodomini Thu 16-Feb-17 23:05:51

I bought mine a couple of years ago and I love it. A great investment. I tried one when I visited my sister who was given one as a retirement present from her colleagues.

Hilltopgran Thu 16-Feb-17 22:49:11

My sister and BIL invested in 2 stressless recliner chairs and footstools over 20 years ago, they have been used daily and still look as good as when she invested in them and more importantly they are still very comfortable to sit in. If you can afford one, you will not regret it.

jenn Thu 16-Feb-17 21:33:28

That's why I need a push!!!

Auntieflo Thu 16-Feb-17 21:14:29

When my DD took me on a shopping trawl, before Christmas, I tried the Stressless and also a Himolla chair. I think that's the name. It was so comfortable, but the price was eyewatering.

jenn Thu 16-Feb-17 21:04:59

After a traumatic burglary at Christmas I now need to buy a chair( yes, they took my leather recliner and footstool !!!)
After looking at many,many chairs the Stressless is looking good BUT are they worth it.Please ,someone tell me they are I just need a little push!!