Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Can somebody please tell me........

(44 Posts)
phoenix Fri 17-Feb-17 22:28:07

Why on earth I have just moisturised my elbows? confused

At present they are highly unlikely to be on show, and Mr P is not exactly known for having an elbow fetish.

Actually, not sure why I bother with anything much!

downtoearth Sat 18-Feb-17 10:56:20

Thanks jalimagrin

Jalima Sat 18-Feb-17 10:57:35

Hope you feel better soon
sorry if it was rather flippant blush

NanaandGrampy Sat 18-Feb-17 11:09:34

I always thought you moisturised your elbows so if someone grabbed you , you could slither out of their grasp rather than get attached by your wrinkles !!

So in effect its practising self defence when you moisturise !

DanniRae Sat 18-Feb-17 12:21:03

Lately I don't moisturise any of me much, except my face. I INTEND to but seem to forget. When summer comes (!!) and I have to get my arms and legs out I will be slapping on the moisturiser everywhere, including my elbows.

trisher Sat 18-Feb-17 12:51:40

Is that picture going to be on every GN thread? (Not that I'm complaining). I'm great on moisturising everything!
Mind it's one of those words there's something weird about-I can imagine Miranda Hart saying it Moi-sture-ising!

Jalima Sat 18-Feb-17 13:06:09

We're trying
It is just an inspiration to tighten the buttocks as I stand at the kitchen sink grin

NonnaJ1964 Sat 18-Feb-17 16:01:37

I find coconut oil the best thing for elbows & feet & its drys in quickly

Deedaa Sat 18-Feb-17 23:01:54

I keep moisturising my arms and neck because I know that if I stop it will only be a short step to growing a moustache and going shopping in my slippers!

paddyann Sat 18-Feb-17 23:07:28

apparently you can tell someones age from their elbows so moisturising them will enable you to keep lying that you are ten years younger than you really are ...turning the clock back I mean .Or you could just ADD ten years to your age and people will all tell you that theres no way you look that old .

Bellanonna Sat 18-Feb-17 23:15:24

Paddyann, surely elbows are not the first thing they look at when "ageing" you ?

stillaliveandkicking Sun 19-Feb-17 14:55:42

Just had to think about this one smile I suppose I include them when I moisturise my arms and legs every time I have a bath. Can't be bothered with the rest of my body.

phoenix Sun 19-Feb-17 17:33:19

How on earth did word in my post become a link confused

Sadly Bella it's not down to sense of humour (although he does have a very good one) it's just that he is of a very practical mind!

phoenix Sun 19-Feb-17 17:40:45

My bottom seems hell bent on introducing itself to the back of my knees! blush

Fortunately my very small bosons have absolutely no wish to acquaint themselves with any other part of my anatomy other than my chest, to which they are attached.

rosesarered Sun 19-Feb-17 19:32:29

Ooh, send one of those small bosuns to me Phoenix as I do like a naval man.grin

wot Sun 19-Feb-17 20:51:50

Roses, Phoenix, grinwinksmile

phoenix Sun 19-Feb-17 22:29:23

Bloody kindle! grin

Still, could have been worse, might have manifested itself as "bisons"

Imagine having a chest occupied by hairy, horned animals of the bovine type! Wouldn't half give the doctor a shock when he asked you to lift up your tee shirt so he could listen to your heart!

Bellanonna Sun 19-Feb-17 23:49:15

Phoenix, I remember having the bosom conversation with you in the past. We should think ourselves lucky, as not enough to travel southwards and no measuring for bras, just (in my case) hoping to get one small enough. I have to admit I'd have liked a bit more when I was younger, but hey ho, I'm happy now. .?

Grandma2213 Mon 20-Feb-17 03:23:05

All my life I have moisturised my whole body after my (almost) daily bath or else I feel I am wearing skin a size too small. Elbows and feet get a thicker cream than the rest of me and seem to be very well preserved. My face on the other hand despite extra moisturising during the day with a range of face creams is what my 5 year old grand daughter describes as 'cracked'!