Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Facial Hair!

(21 Posts)
bartonlady Fri 24-Mar-17 13:20:14

Just had another bad experience with hair removal wax strip. Leaves hair and gives me a sore upper lip! Hairs are of course getting coarser. Any good tips out there GNetters!

Charleygirl Fri 24-Mar-17 13:32:41

If you look through past threads you will find this subject has been well aired not too long ago.

bartonlady Fri 24-Mar-17 14:12:53

Thank you I'll have a look x

grannylyn65 Fri 24-Mar-17 15:41:04

Epilator x

Nanabilly Fri 24-Mar-17 17:34:57

Whilst this subject is up for discussion can I ask if anyone has tried the nono that is advertised on tv. It's expensive so I don't want to fork out and find it's rubbish.

bartonlady Fri 24-Mar-17 18:31:34

Yes Nanabilly I was wondering that too! Or any other kind of epilator?

paddyann Fri 24-Mar-17 19:30:09

get Vaniqua cream from your GP if it really bothers you,it slows down growth ,I tried everything including laser ,spent a fortune so the doctor prescribes this cream and its great

bartonlady Sat 25-Mar-17 14:32:15

Thank you Paddyann and GrannyLyn65

DanniRae Sat 25-Mar-17 15:09:47

I haven't tried NoNo myself but have read negative reviews - enough to put me of trying it. I believe it burns the hair off but I am not sure of this. My daughter bought me a facial epilator but it is too painful to use. I need to find something that numbs the area to be treated. I use hair removal cream now and again and pluck out the darker hairs almost every day.

LadyGracie Sat 25-Mar-17 15:21:25

I have mine waxed every 3 weeks, epilator is much too painful

Tallulah57 Sat 25-Mar-17 20:02:47

I bought a NoNo and definitely would not recommend it, total waste of money. For me the best method I have used is threading, although this may be a bit time consuming on legsgrin

Willow500 Sat 25-Mar-17 21:08:34

My husband bought me the no no last year - it's ok but not that easy to use on the upper lip or the under arms (when you have very saggy skin and deep pits!) I did have the Pearl which is a cheaper version of the same thing and I thought much better but it was recalled and the replacement they sent didn't work so had to give up on it. Waxing is probably the best treatment but means going to the salon.

bartonlady Sat 01-Apr-17 22:50:28

Further to this post my hairdresser has recommended the Braun epilator 810 ? with facial brush. Any experience of using this before I buy one? Thanks just didn't want to add another bit of kit that doesn't work!

DanniRae Sun 02-Apr-17 08:22:44

I have one bartonlady and I can't use it because it is agony!

bartonlady Sun 02-Apr-17 17:56:45

Thank you DanniRae I was afraid of that!

hildajenniJ Sun 02-Apr-17 20:04:31

I bought an eyebrow shaper. It's the perfect size for my upper lip. You can buy them in highstreet chemists or on Amazon. I got mine from QVC.

bartonlady Mon 10-Apr-17 20:45:08

Well took the plunge and bought a Braun epilator the one with the facial brush as an extra. Amazon had them on special offer in their daily deals section. I was very pleasantly surprised. While not totally pain free, especially top lip! It's effective and I didn't get a rash as when I used hair removal cream or waxing. Thank you Grannylyn65.

Nelliemoser Tue 11-Apr-17 09:26:01

If you can afford it laser epilation works permanently. It is expensive but only works well if the hair is dark. It is a lot less painful than other options.
Electrolosis does work permanently it is uncomfortable but that quickly passess.
The hair removal creams can easily make the skin sore.

Shaving underarms is easy. In general people don't show their under arms so a tiny bit of hair is not usually visible.

bartonlady Tue 11-Apr-17 11:27:12

Thank you Nelliemoser, I did try it but too many white and grey hairs!
I only use epilator on Face. Use razors for legs and underarms!

MalikZeeshan1 Fri 01-Sep-23 09:31:35

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Jaxjacky Fri 01-Sep-23 09:33:23

Reported