Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Corns!

(10 Posts)
Glenfinnan Sat 06-May-17 14:48:33

I go to my chriopodist about every 2 months. Get 2 little soft corns on the inside of my small toe 'done' but they are back within 2-3 weeks. Anyone got any ideas how to deal with these little devils! I use corn pads (not the removers) to lessen the pain. Chiropodist says it's just the way my feet are!!!! Ouch!

Teetime Sat 06-May-17 16:22:23

Could it be your shoes causing the problem? I go barefoot as often as possible and get far fewer foot problems during the months when this is possible.

rosesarered Sat 06-May-17 17:13:21

Buggers aren't they? The thing to do is use a good softening cream every night on your feet/toes.......it really helps.Otherwise, comfortable shoes and barefoot when possible.?

jollyg Sat 06-May-17 17:25:11

Check your shoes. I have a hereditary bunion, and am careful buying shoes.

Comfort is King

stillaliveandkicking Sat 06-May-17 17:35:01

I had one on the inside of my toe. Went to a podiatrist who got rid of most of it stating that I needed to do all sorts and wear some sort of rubber tubed bandage then continue to scrape it. If I'd listened to him then I'd still be at it. A friend of mine suggested the medicated over the counter plaster things and guess what, it's gone!

Grannyben Sat 06-May-17 19:28:48

I'm afraid i cant offer any advice, I think I've got hooves

MawBroon Sat 06-May-17 19:43:06

When my feet swell up, my shoes (which fitted perfectly before) get tight and I develop corns on my little toes. A friendly podiatrist deals with them for me but wearing trainers resembling Hovercraft seems the only way to avoid them.
I also find that shoes which were fine last year may not be fine this, and vice versa.
But if your feet hurt, life is a misery

stillaliveandkicking Sat 06-May-17 20:00:56

Medicated corn plasters make them go away so you don't have to have them "treated" smile

Glenfinnan Sun 07-May-17 09:14:40

Thank you GNetters! Off out to buy some corn plasters today! I was advised against using them by my chropodist, but willing to give them a try!

gettingonabit Sun 07-May-17 10:35:02

I've got a little bugger on my toe. It's caused by shoes which are too tight. It's a painful little so and so.

I've used a kind of pen thing which I got in Boots; it's better already.

I've got wide feet and should only wear wide fitting shoes, but I don't so....that'll learn me..