Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Anyone voting for UKIP?

(14 Posts)
Riverwalk Mon 29-May-17 18:12:46

UKIP supporters have gone very quiet - is anyone going to vote for them, or have they served their purpose?

Not much mention of their leader - I wonder why hmm. Nige was everywhere!

annodomini Mon 29-May-17 18:34:42

Let sleeping dogs lie!

varian Mon 29-May-17 18:41:06

Everyone who votes Conservative, is in reality voting for UKIP, or at least for the UKIP agenda.

Nigel Farage declared that he was "thrilled" that Theresa May was doing everything he ever wanted. She even appears to take instructions from the editor of the DAily Mail.

What more could any UKIPPER ever want?

POGS Mon 29-May-17 19:46:22

What crap!

daphnedill Mon 29-May-17 19:50:27

Why is it crap?

merlotgran Mon 29-May-17 19:52:27

Another thread.....another scrap.

hmm

Anniebach Mon 29-May-17 20:02:11

If everyone who votes conservative is in reality voting for UKIP, varian can you explain this because I know conservative voters who voted to remain, was remain on the UKIP agenda ?

varian Mon 29-May-17 20:27:07

Theresa May was a nominal remainer but when the leave side won a narrow majority of those who voted in the referendum she saw that it would advance hef career if she did a complete about turn and became a leaver.

In order to be moreconvincing she embraced almost evefy UKIP policy from fox hunting to grammar schools. No wonder Farage said he was ddlighted that she was doing everyghing he wanted.

Most rank and file Tories ard very loyal. They see that as a virtue rather than sticking to principles so although many had voted remain, they almost all, with the honourable exception of Ken Clarke, just caved in like sheep and now campaign for a hard brexit, no matter what damage that might do. In other words they might as well be UKIP.

phoenix Mon 29-May-17 20:48:11

No.

I think we may have fog by tea time.

Jalima1108 Mon 29-May-17 20:51:17

Thunder and lightening is more likely
wink

I still want lavender coloured hair.
If UKIP become defunct no-one will think I support them if I have purple hair will they?

phoenix Mon 29-May-17 21:00:13

Now, Jalima, funny you should mention that, I have a tube of pastel pink temporary hair dye in the cupboard, and just can't decide whether to go for it or not.....

thatbags Mon 29-May-17 21:08:35

Oh, phoenix, be brave and go for temporary green! Actually the colours purple and green go quite well together so how about stripes?

thatbags Mon 29-May-17 21:09:58

Which has just given me an idea for a campaign: confuse everyone about your voting intentions with rapid changes of hair colour over the next week or so.

callgirl1 Mon 29-May-17 21:33:17

Our UKIP candidate is the leader.