Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Ruby Wedding anniversary gift ideas

(31 Posts)
LyndaW Fri 09-Jun-17 13:40:13

My sister and her husband are celebrating their 40 year anniversary at the end of the month and they're throwing a party. Any ideas for a gift?

Hello. This thread is a little old now. If you’re looking for the perfect ruby wedding anniversary gift we’ve collated the best ideas from the forums and put them all in one handy guide. We’ve got everything from the most extravagant to the more budget-friendly, but you’re sure to find something that will delight. GNHQ.

Chewbacca Sat 10-Jun-17 22:20:23

We recently attended our friend's golden wedding anniversary and all guests were asked to not bring any gifts at all. But as one of the happy couple had had a serious health scare, they suggested that donations could be made to the charity that had supported them during his illness. They subsequently received a lovely letter from the charity, thanking them, and their guests, for their support. Happy couple were really pleased and didn't have a load more "stuff" to find a place for!

Norah Sat 10-Jun-17 23:20:14

Nothing. They don't expect anything. If you must donate to their charity.

Carol54 Sun 11-Jun-17 08:40:36

Now lots of photos are just kept digitaly how about a photo album/book of family pictures your BIL family will probably have some of him as a youngster

SueDoku Sun 11-Jun-17 17:46:16

I bought my good friends a £40 Good Gifts voucher for their Ruby Wedding - like many pps, they had plenty of 'things', but they enjoyed choosing which charities to spend the voucher on smile

vivvq Tue 13-Jun-17 00:38:41

We're celebrating our Ruby anniversary in July and the best present will be to have our children and grandchildren all together in August. This has involved a bit of co-ordination since one lives in Yorkshire - we're in NI and the youngest is in Dubai.