Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Getting too old climb up ladders to ......

(53 Posts)
Grannyknot Wed 28-Jun-17 15:24:25

Do you really need curtains there? I have as few curtains as possible (1 room only) e.g. have opaque glass put in the window.

paddyann Wed 28-Jun-17 15:18:51

I'm only 63 and I still do all that stuff myself ,move furniture change curtains and anything else that needs done,I get quite annoyed when people say I shouldn't be doing this or that "at my age" I will continue for as long as I want.If YOU feel you shouldn't then just ASK your children or grandchildren to help .Its not a big ask to come and change some curtains or move a heavy piece of furniture ...is it?I'm sure your family would happily help especially if they thought you were risking injury by doing it

Kateykrunch Wed 28-Jun-17 14:55:58

Just taken my landing window curtains down and washed them, the window is inaccessible unless Hubby either climbs along bannisters or as of today, uses a ladder. I am one of those people who when watching a hospital programme says "what on earth were they doing up a ladder at that age". We have possibily reached 'that' age. What are you supposed to do when you are physically unable to do things like this for yourself? I cant imagine DS or DD coming to take my curtains down and put them back up. We do have vertical blinds up at that window and the controls are within reach, but the blinds really need curtains as well (although perhaps more heavy weight blinds exist). Perhaps, I have answered my own question, but would still be interested in your solutions to such things.