Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Kindle

(12 Posts)
gillybob Tue 01-Aug-17 09:27:37

Oops sorry too late . Should have read the previous replies . Never mind. Hope you get sorted .

gillybob Tue 01-Aug-17 09:26:28

I have 2 kindles moneyboss and I can choose which device to send a book to . I.e. Gillybob's 1st kindle or 2nd kindle . They both have to be registered to one account holder and you are able to swap the books around from one to the other very easily via your computer.

M0nica Tue 01-Aug-17 09:19:08

Three cheers for Gransnet and the values of long experience.

Moneyboss Mon 31-Jul-17 22:11:54

Thanks everyone for your prompt replies/advice. After much time messing and trying different solutions I realised his kindle was registered separately from mine, so I deregisterd it and reregistered it, linked to my account and hey presto it works.

Elegran Mon 31-Jul-17 21:33:52

You send them from your Kindle account to whichever device you wish, however many times you wish, not from one device to another. The family Kindles have to be registered on your account. My aunt now uses my late DH's Kindle, but it is still on my account - so she can read any of my books.

If your Kindle completely crashes and becomes unusable, you still have all your books in your Amazon account, and you can send them to a new Kindle (or to a Kindle app on your PC or laptop - no need even to buy a Kindle!)

Tizliz Mon 31-Jul-17 20:29:04

Go to Manage your content and device and choose the settings tab, you control it from there

Moneyboss Mon 31-Jul-17 20:10:01

I thought I'd set up a family account but although it shows both kindle's on amazon there's no option to send books between the two.

ElaineI Mon 31-Jul-17 19:28:19

Yes do it on amazon. I have a family account with hubby and my son.

MargaretX Mon 31-Jul-17 19:16:14

Thats right you need a Family Account. Go onto Amazon and look at your account. All your books are on the cloud and you can organise them from there.
Do you know you can return anything you have downloaded within a week of receiving it and you get the money back.
They should be able to help you.

SueDonim Mon 31-Jul-17 19:04:34

I haven't done it myself but friends have Family Accounts with Amazon Kindle, which means you can download books onto anyone's kindle.

DanniRae Mon 31-Jul-17 18:47:44

Sorry can't help - too technical for me. But wanted to say beware of just taking a Kindle on holiday for reading matter. This is what I did and then it stopped working properly - 80% into a really good book! I was looking at having nothing to read which is a big part of my holiday. Happily one of the reps at the hotel sorted it out for me but It was a worrying time till he did!
(Yes, I know people have much more worrying things in their lives before anyone points this out..........!!)

Moneyboss Mon 31-Jul-17 18:34:02

Just about to throw my Kindle out of the window so hoping someone can help before I do.

One of my boys has got a new Kindle. I don't want to put my credit card details on his device, so thought I could download books from Amazon and then transfer them to his Kindle but I can't work out how to do so or if it's even possible. I've tried Googling but still I can't do it. HELP!