Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

UNFair PCN (parking ticket)

(8 Posts)
YankeeGran Tue 08-Aug-17 14:23:05

Worth a try!
Thanks

midgey Tue 08-Aug-17 14:06:06

I agree with Harriman, leave something random in the window!

harrigran Tue 08-Aug-17 14:03:01

Next time you park leave something unusual on the dashboard that will prove that it is your car. It sounds to me as if it is a photo of a car but not necessarily yours, check for any windscreen marks or imperfections that are not on your car.

YankeeGran Tue 08-Aug-17 13:30:06

They take multiple photos from every angle so there was no question but that the dash was empty.
I don't have a camera that would record date and time - which in any case could be altered and would not be an argument against their photos unless all the photos were taken at the same time...if you see what I mean.
I'm thinking that we'll park and lurk in the corners to see what happens when the warden comes around next time...but not sure I have the patience!

Oriel Tue 08-Aug-17 12:37:08

That's really strange. Are you sure the photo is of your dashboard? I can't think of how it might have happened other than the wrong dash was in the photo.

vampirequeen Tue 08-Aug-17 12:18:34

I agree with Monica. Take a photo each time. It will be a hassle at first but soon it will become a habit. That way you can prove they're taking the evidential photograph from an angle which fails to show the badge.

M0nica Tue 08-Aug-17 11:46:45

Next time, when you arrive, take a photograph with a camera that prints date and time on the photo. It can then be used as evidence that you did display it.

Blue Badge rules seem to vary from place to place. I recently helped someone appeal a ticket he had got because his parking was within the Blue Badge parking rules of the area where he lived, but not within the Blue badge parking rules of the place he was visiting.

YankeeGran Tue 08-Aug-17 11:20:13

For the second time, my husband, who has a blue disability badge, has received a PCN which claims that he has parked in a disability space without displaying a disability badge. He did display it both times (and displayed it properly, front side up) -it could clearly be seen on the dashboard and I removed it myself when we got in the car - then I saw the PCN on the window.

When I checked the online photographic evidence - low and behold - NOTHING on the dashboard. It couldn't be clearer that nothing had been displayed - and yet it had been. I know it was, I removed it myself. I'm old but I'm not demented - nor is he!

I don't know how many times he can get away with appealing this (they seem to be lenient with disability badge holders and he has been let off previously) but I feel like he might be running out of sympathy - through no fault of his own. There doesn't seem to be any way to prove that he did do the right thing - and yet, we know he did and can't understand how this is happening or why.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Anyone with any advice?