Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Wall mounted TV!

(36 Posts)
kittylester Tue 05-Sep-17 18:56:43

I've thrown my toys out of the pram and decided that I want a TV that I can watch in the kitchen rather than the tucked away one I currently watch.

Any dos and donts? I'm usually in the kitchen but we sit around in there quite a lot.

Auntieflo Wed 06-Sep-17 12:50:58

6 large TV's shock!!

JaneD3 Wed 06-Sep-17 12:54:22

Ailsa 43 I think you need a hammer drill.

123kitty Wed 06-Sep-17 13:07:35

1 set in tv room's more than enough for me

HazelGreen Wed 06-Sep-17 14:08:52

We have reduced tv's to two, having gotten rid of bedroom and kitchen one. I have a tablet that I find handier to watch TV on while doing chores in kitchen. I can even put in headphones wirefree to listen better over cooking noises. I watch little live tv so it is usually iplayer, netflix or skybox that can be accessed from tablet device.

paddyann Wed 06-Sep-17 14:28:08

we've always only had one TV in our living room,no bedroom ones or kitchen ones,my GC would love a TV in their room when they stay but its not going to happen,they can read or play with something until they're ready to sleep .When I'm in the kitchen I'm usually cooking so TV wouldn't work for me

kittylester Wed 06-Sep-17 14:58:15

That's the reason I want a better one in the kitchen paddyann so I can watch while I cook or watch while we eat if it's something like the cricket.

We never allowed the children to have their own and I'm glad to say they don't allow their children ro have one.

I like watching TV as it's part of popular culture and I like to be aware of what's going on. We have one in our bedroom, the 'playroom' and the kitchen as well as the lounge.

Nelliemaggs Wed 06-Sep-17 14:59:53

If I didn't have a small TV on top of the fridge in the kitchen I would hardly ever see TV.

ggmarion Wed 06-Sep-17 15:21:46

Would just like to say the height of the TV is important. My GS has one wall mounted and I get a crick in my neck looking up to it. I often knit and watch TV so it has to be at eye level.

Ellie Anne Wed 06-Sep-17 20:02:56

I don't have a tv in the kitchen but watch pointless on my i pad while cooking.

Magrithea Wed 06-Sep-17 22:24:27

I have my kitchen TV on a small trolley so I can move it around to watch wherever I am - cooking or ironing being the main activities when I watch the TV!