Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

What Do You Have Planned For Next Week

(75 Posts)
Serkeen Sun 15-Oct-17 21:41:48

For me it is organising a gardener for my garden/forest that still has not been done, sooo many gardeners have let me down It is a job that I definitely want to get done..

A bit of spring cleaning aswell

Grannyknot Fri 20-Oct-17 18:39:02

kitty I had the This Works one but the one in the link I posted is much better (and costs less). It's stronger and has a better dispenser.

Nellie the one I use is all natural...

kittylester Wed 18-Oct-17 08:23:27

I've only just come back to this thread - sorry - too much childminding.

Pillow sprays.

I suspect we use the one Auntieflo mentioned as ours was a free sample in a hotel too. We think it's very good. We just use the pillow spray now as it's quite expensive. It's by 'thisworks' and available online. I'll look for a link when I get up. We did try lavender spray but that didn't seem to work for us.

Nelliemoser Wed 18-Oct-17 08:10:53

I wonder about pillow sprays. Just how many other chemicals are in what your are spraying and how the aerosols in the sprays may affect you.

Serkeen Wed 18-Oct-17 03:08:00

grannyknot thank you for the pillow spray link very useful I will be buying for my youngest due to sleep problems thank you hope it works smile

Reading these posts has made me realise just how much babysitting we all do I am surprised really I am smile

Interesting to read how people fill their days and just how much retirement is enjoyed

Menopaws Tue 17-Oct-17 19:21:49

I do love my job very much but I really fancy part time tbh, one day hopefully

Cubagran Tue 17-Oct-17 17:34:16

Monday - look after two grand-daughters as it is half-term.
Tuesday - house tidy up, gardening in afternoon, play with new kittens.
Wednesday - same as Tuesday!
Thursday- clean bathrooms, change bed, flu jab in afternoon
Friday - have grand-daughters again, take them out for lunch for half-term treat, field doctor's phone-call for DH as he does not manage phone-calls well after his stroke.
Saturday - make large hotpot for slow cooker, go to Premiership Rugby match in afternoon, come home and have hotpot!
Play with new kittens every day!

JoyBloggs Tue 17-Oct-17 15:11:16

GrannyK I had my suspicions that the more expensive sprays might just be pricey because of their fancy packaging or upmarket branding. Very grateful for your recommendation, have just placed an order and feel quite excited about getting something new to try. Thanks again!

Grannyknot Tue 17-Oct-17 11:18:52

Joy the first one I tried (a gift) was very expensive when I looked to replace it, but not much in it. The one in the link above is the best one I've had, good price, stronger than more expensive ones, and a good dispenser. I love going to sleep wrapped in that lovely aroma.

JoyBloggs Tue 17-Oct-17 10:43:00

Grannyknot Thank you, that's very helpful. When I googled pillow sprays I found so many, some incredibly expensive. I just needed somebody to point me at one that wasn't a rip-off! I will give it a try, really not sleeping well at the moment. Thanks again!

morethan2 Tue 17-Oct-17 09:12:48

Nothing, great this retirement lark grin
Apart from my commitments to having grandchildren
I may
Go to the cinema
Do some de cluttering
Visit an aboretum
Have the grandchildren
Get my hair done
Read a book

MawBroon Tue 17-Oct-17 08:49:23

I have learned not to have a Plan. Plan A all too often has to be jettisoned for Plan B or even C.
The calendar will keep me straight for Paw’s various medical appointments, the rest just happens.

Auntieflo Tue 17-Oct-17 08:46:01

I have never used a pillow spray until this last week, when we were given a complimentary one on holiday. It is very nice,and the little box contained a spray plus a mini roll-on for use on pressure points.
Now I really should get up and on with 'things to do' .

Menopaws Tue 17-Oct-17 01:20:09

Work, no more leave until march

keriku Mon 16-Oct-17 23:45:33

Monday- work, then visit my parents.
Tuesday- they've closed the bank in our town, so I'm going to have to go to another town to sort some business! Slimming World, then off to edinburgh to see a musical.
Wednesday- write a review of the show.
Thursday- Get my nails done- my wee personal vice!
Friday- off on our annual trip to London, this year 11 of us are going. 42nd Street- here I come!
In between all the usual cooking, washing and assorted other mumsy bits....

Grannyknot Mon 16-Oct-17 22:52:37

Joy I too swear by my pillow spray. I've had more expensive ones, but I like this one the most:

www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/miaroma-relaxing-lavender-sleep-mist-spray-60005955

Auntieflo Mon 16-Oct-17 22:07:40

Monday, all day in a coach travelling home from a holiday.
Tuesday, washing, and sorting out the cases.
Wednesday, laser treatment on my eye.
Thursday, shopping
Friday, hopefully nothing.

JoyBloggs Mon 16-Oct-17 21:49:39

kittylester you mentioned a pillow spray... I'd be interested to hear more about it when you can spare a mo in your hectic week! I've googled but it seems a bit of a minefield.

Grannyguitar Mon 16-Oct-17 20:19:27

Next week is school half term and Halloween week. My other half and I will be dressed as Wizard and Witch, riding up and down on steam trains all week to amuse passengers children. Takes all sorts!

W11girl Mon 16-Oct-17 18:16:52

Monday - deliver a webbing jacket to Territorial army (don't ask!)
Tuesday - tidy house/pack/wash hair for trip home to London
Wednesday - travel to London
Thursday - meet friends in London - visit Grenfell (my old neighbourhood ... so an emotional day)
Friday - Return from London/do weekly shop on way back from station
Saturday - Work at Charity Shop
Sunday - Church/Take camper onto cliffs at local beach and have brunch whilst looking out to sea and clearing my mind!

harrysgran Mon 16-Oct-17 18:03:40

I am so envious my week is work until Saturday how I long to retire and lead a much more varied existence reading these posts it's much more fun

hulahoop Mon 16-Oct-17 17:35:44

Good luck for mammogram jane10
Margsus hope lumpectomy goes well .?
I am having quiet week out on train tomorrow don't know where yet .

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 16-Oct-17 17:27:34

I want to trim my two small willow trees into an umbrella shape - this really is trial and error and I'll wait for the winds to die down.
I really must tidy/declutter my office cum sewing room but I've been putting it off.

Daisyboots Mon 16-Oct-17 16:38:38

I am feeling that I am very lazy compared to many posters.
Today should have been ironing but it is still too hot and humid for that. Having to keep the doors and windows shut due to the smokey air from the terrible forest fires.
Tomorrow will be an eye test at the Opticians in the morning and an hour of physiotherapy due to bad back and sciatica in the afternoon .
Wednesday will be a trip to the hairdresser followed by the monthly lunch with friends while DH goes to play pool with a friend..
Thursday brings my lovely A who comes to clean the house and gives me lots of practice in speaking Portuguese.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday no plans yet but I am sure we will decide on doing something on those days before then. The joy of being retired is not having to plan too far ahead.

M0nica Mon 16-Oct-17 16:29:41

Oh, and in any available time, pick grapes, make cakes, make crab apple jelly (apples are picked), plan Christmas.

M0nica Mon 16-Oct-17 16:27:36

Monday: cleaning, a bit of gardening and Tai Chi
Tuesday: cleaning, gardening, meet someone for lunch to discuss publishing an article in the journal I edit.
Wednesday: Pilates, day time course, go to Witney and, hopefully, buy some clothes
Thursday-Sunday: to our house in France for a short break, unless the hospital finally gets its act in order and calls me in for a final test prior to agreeing to an operation for carpal tunnel syndrome. In which case trip is cancelled and I stay home.