Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

City mouse or country mouse

(27 Posts)
MoBrown Thu 08-Feb-18 16:23:22

After years in a busy city, my husband is finally retiring and we're thinking of moving to the countryside. He has had a very high-pressured job although it has been slowing down the past few months. We exploring our options at the moment but I'm very interested to hear from others who might have done the same how you found the transition? We're both in fairly good health and have family nearby us now but we're really craving a slower way of life. Will we be bored in a few months though?

Moocow Thu 08-Feb-18 21:45:26

I know a village which has a higher population than the town I live in. The sign definately labels it as a village. OP over the years I have come across villages that offer very little while others have better amenities than where I live and a great community. I favour the suggestion of trying it for the autumn and winter months, (can go days without seeing anyone to chat to when no one is gardening!) unless it's on a tourist route, then you may want to include the height of the summer too to see what the traffic is like.