Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Retro beauty products anyone?

(104 Posts)
Urmstongran Tue 20-Feb-18 23:16:19

My latest lovely find whilst waiting in my small independent chemist is ‘Anne French’ cleansing milk. Same iconic blue & white triangular shaped bottle. It’s so light, non greasy, (I’d forgotten how great it is!) it smells heavenly and after cleansing with it using cotton pads, I don’t use toner afterwards as the light milk is a semi moisturiser, ideal when going to bed after make up removal. My skin is looking marvellous & best of all it only costs around £3! I would thoroughly (re)recommend this old favourite product to fellow GN’s! Has anyone else found similar ‘old loves’ that we may have forgotten about?

annodomini Sun 25-Feb-18 17:15:02

Do you remember that beer shampoo that came in a little plastic barrel? As students we sometimes used beer to rinse our hair but were more inclined to drink it.

Tegan2 Sun 25-Feb-18 17:57:33

LinCo [or something like that?]...my mum just used to put beer on her hair. And Bay Rum. Alas it didn't work for her thinning hair sad which I've inherited [thanks mum...].

gma Sun 25-Feb-18 18:14:46

There was always an Avon book doing the rounds in the 60s in the office where I worked! Particularly remember Topaz cream perfume, with an actual topaz set in the lid!!!!!!!!! Also Here is my Heart and Occur! In an office of probably 30 girls working the atmosphere was a bit overpowering!
Now I use No.15 by Liz Earle.