Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Snowsuit dressing

(43 Posts)
Hazyjane Sat 14-Jul-18 22:46:07

Regarding getting grandson in a snowsuit what is prefeered way?
I tell dd laid across knee or sitting and laid bigger they get esp to get zip from between legs.
Is dressing on knee a thing of only older gen dd is intrigued

gillybob Sun 15-Jul-18 09:10:13

get large size snow suit as a precaution against him sleeping with his girlfriend

grin Just choked on my cuppa sodapop

Jalima1108 Sun 15-Jul-18 09:52:56

sodapop grin

The question is - do you put the Vans (or plimsolls) on under the snowsuit or on top? In which case you would need them to be about three sizes too big, so when they're wearing them without the snowsuit they will fall down the stairs in the restaurant?

Please advise

Jalima1108 Sun 15-Jul-18 09:54:07

Uggs on top most definitely BlueBelle

In fact, Uggs are preferable in this weather.

BlueBelle Sun 15-Jul-18 10:07:00

And cheap ones Jalima no real thing don’t forget ?

Marmight Sun 15-Jul-18 10:33:02

gringrin

Squiffy Sun 15-Jul-18 10:37:49

You could get Uggs that are big enough for him and his girlfriend to sleep in one each. Problem solved smile

sodapop Sun 15-Jul-18 10:41:46

Good question Jalima Ugg boots seem to be favourite now so definitely over the top.
The lavatorial question rears its head now, how many people will be needed to assist with the snow suit then. Life is fraught with problems it seems.?

Blinko Sun 15-Jul-18 10:59:27

Right, bring on the men in white coats. The OP for asking about snowsuits in this weather and everyone else for going off piste. Or at least, for taking it...grin

Bellanonna Sun 15-Jul-18 11:32:45

Perhaps she lives in Siberia, Blinko, so her question about cold-weather wear would not be unreasonable. ?

Bellanonna Sun 15-Jul-18 11:33:06

Just unseasonable. Here.

Maggiemaybe Sun 15-Jul-18 11:39:10

I do hope Hazyjane isn’t a genuine new poster. She’d be completely bemused by the replies she’s had. ?

kittylester Sun 15-Jul-18 11:58:40

But they have given me a good giggle!

Jalima1108 Sun 15-Jul-18 12:26:59

She could be a poster from New Zealand or Tasmania .....

in which case please come back and let us know - we do have some sensible answers tucked up our snowsuits sleeves as well

Blinko Sun 15-Jul-18 12:50:18

Apologies to the OP if she hails from the antipodes. I'd momentarily forgotten our global reach....

Cold Sun 15-Jul-18 12:55:53

5C where I was on holiday in Northern Europe last week!

I used to do snowsuits several times daily for 6+ months of of the year. The trick is to get the feet in first.
- tiny babies I used to do on the changing mat by putting snowsuit on mat first - then placing baby on top - legs first then arms
- older babies/toddlers put feet in while child is sitting on lap or chair and then drop them to standing holding snow suit so that they drop into it.
- at the Scandi nurseries my kids attended kids were expected to do their own by age 2-3 - usually starting sitting on the floor or chair to get feet in then standing up to do arms.
- oh and Ugg boots are totally useless - no grip!

Jalima1108 Sun 15-Jul-18 13:12:51

I used Cold's method.

as for changing nappies on my lap - only in an emergency and then they usually fell down again (that was the days of terry nappies and pins)

Jane10 Sun 15-Jul-18 13:37:34

Cold read the other threads. Serious responses really not required!