Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Getting to know all of you!

(34 Posts)
Urmstongran Thu 20-Dec-18 16:45:52

I’ve not been on GN as long as some here. I do recall MawBroon saying recently the topics aren’t as interesting as they used to be. Maybe some of the political atmosphere has fed into it?
Anyway, I’m curious how you all say ‘hello’ to one another in some posts - the ‘good morning ‘ one comes to mind.
Have some of you met up occasionally?
There are certain posters I’m getting to ‘know’ a little:
MissAdventure I love your sense of humour! Short posts which hit the nail on the head!
Mawbroon you lost Paw just over a year ago. My condolences.
GabriellaG with a number I cannot straight away recall - ‘posh’ (sorry I mean this as a term of endearment!) likes horse racing, rides out herself, retired lawyer.
Anniebach - Welsh. Recently lost a much loved daughter. Again, my condolences.
Marydoll - Scottish & full of common sense!
Etc. You get my drift.
I have wondered whether to get an A-Z ledger and write your names in with snippets of information on you so I can reference as an aide memoir.
Maybe I’m just overthinking it! What are your thoughts?

Jalima1108 Thu 20-Dec-18 21:48:01

I just almost asked where you're from..
MissA - do you want to end up on the Stupid Question Thread?
wink

Marydoll Thu 20-Dec-18 21:52:51

Urmstongran, Full of common sense equates to boring! ?
I will have to re-think my posts.?

Melanieeastanglia Thu 20-Dec-18 21:56:23

I think you're overthinking things. I tend not to remember intricate details of who said what in a particular post last week. Some people have mentioned tragic events and I suppose I do remember some of them.

I do enjoy Gransnet but I don't take it so seriously that I feel the need to take notes.

NanKate Thu 20-Dec-18 21:57:04

I had the pleasure of meeting up with Kitty last summer as she lives near my relatives.

We chatted the whole time we were together and she was in person like she is on GN good fun and welcoming.

Marydoll and I get on well together through GN with a similar sense of humour.

I PM with a number of others from GN and thoroughly enjoy the interaction.

Jalima1108 Thu 20-Dec-18 21:57:52

I wasn't mentioned Marydoll
hmm

I agree with what Melanieeastanglia said about taking notes!
It does remind me of a previous poster.

Chewbacca Thu 20-Dec-18 23:53:14

I'll mention you Jalima! You're a "peacemaker" poster. Never confrontational. Always tries to soften difficult issues with a kind word. Good sense of humour. tchsmile

Urmstongran Fri 21-Dec-18 00:27:35

Oh you lovely ladies ... Thank you one and ALL!
Yes, my A - Z ledger comment was pretty much in jest (I'm not a stalkerish type). I think I was more curious if /how you all ‘got to know one another’.
Yes Jalima1108 I do think I’m meticulous (Virgo tendencies)!
Marydoll no, you are definitely not boring!
ffinnochio (where do we get these names ? I have to double check the spellings!). ... yes, I do live in South Manchester. I’m 64y (will you still love me?) and have been retired 4 years. Married 45y. I worked in the NHS for over 30y and have 2 grandchildren - a boy of 6y and a girl of 2y. We live half the time here in the U.K. and half in our small apartment in Malaga.
Hello janeainsworth. ?
And PamelaJl I think you are so right. We seem to remember kindnesses more than slights - life is too short to take offence at small mean comments.
Thanks everyone who has posted!
I think this turned out to be an interesting thread.

Chewbacca Fri 21-Dec-18 00:38:06

You don't live too far away from me Urmstongran. Maybe we'll meet up if you go to one of the local meet ups.