Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Delicate!

(140 Posts)
Ladyinspain Sat 29-Dec-18 15:46:03

Ok, Im nearly 69, and am still in possession of all my pubic hair. - but it seems that modern fashion means we should all be naked as the day we were born! From what I read/see etc online in the papers, TV, nearly all younger women have decided that pubic hair is no longer in vogue!! My dilemma is ,as far as medical stuff goes, I feel a bit foolish (and dare I say it-dirty) for still having mine!! Most of the nursing staff, doctors etc are much younger, and I feel they may look at me in a "grubby" way when I have been in hospital etc. Do any of you older ladies still have what god intended ??

PECS Sat 29-Dec-18 17:52:59

This thread reminds me of an occassion when a very prim headteacher was discussing how she liked the bushes at her front to be neatly trimmed so as not to catch the postman. Us silly young teachers nearly wet our pants! ???

merlotgran Sat 29-Dec-18 17:56:27

I'd like to agree with you, Bluebelle but I'm still picking lead shot out of my backside from this morning.

Marthjolly1 Sat 29-Dec-18 18:00:38

Love your response Kitty grin

phoenix Sat 29-Dec-18 18:11:34

If cutting back any shrub or bush, try to avoid any clematis that might be hidden amongst the foliage.

PECS Sat 29-Dec-18 18:12:38

grin phoenix excellent advice.

Lisagran Sat 29-Dec-18 18:12:43

And don’t forget your homework

Maggiemaybe Sat 29-Dec-18 18:37:53

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

JasmineGransnet (GNHQ) Sat 29-Dec-18 18:49:31

Please remember that if you have any issues, please report them to us rather than discuss them on the threads smile

FlexibleFriend Sat 29-Dec-18 19:14:40

Trends come and go, personally I've always trimmed my pubes to be short and neat. I really doubt any Doctor or Nurse is going to give any patients pubes much thought unless the patient is so hairy the doctor or nurse could disappear from view and require a search party to find them.

Buffybee Sat 29-Dec-18 19:28:13

This same question was asked on Mumsnet and quite a few Doctors and Nurses replied saying that they wouldn't even notice if patients had body hair or not and that they are professional people just getting in with their jobs.
You must shower of course before any surgery or intimate examination.

MawBroon Sat 29-Dec-18 19:40:38

A propos of not very much.
Many years ago I bought our first set of outdoor Christmas lights , planning to put them in the pyracantha at the front door.
I was telling a friend on the phone about these and when she innocently asked where I was going to put them I cannot to this day think what possessed me to reply “in my bush at the front”
The silence was deafening then I heard her shriek to her OH “Toneeee, you’ll never guess where Maw is putting her fairy lights” grin
I still get asked why I am walking funny at Christmas blush

NanKate Sat 29-Dec-18 19:41:45

We will be comparing nipples next ?I have had enough of this thread, goodnight.

MawBroon Sat 29-Dec-18 19:45:32

Good point Nankate but I hope I have not contributed to your decision sad

Gonegirl Sat 29-Dec-18 19:47:37

I haven't seen my "down there" for some time now. It seems to have tucked itself away under my tummy.

BlueBelle Sat 29-Dec-18 20:10:11

Has it Gone Girl

Gonegirl Sat 29-Dec-18 20:34:13

Yes.

Gonegirl Sat 29-Dec-18 20:35:09

Do you doubt me? I'm not posting a pic. ?

Gonegirl Sat 29-Dec-18 20:36:40

I would have to do contortions to see it. I'm just not up to it.

BlueBelle Sat 29-Dec-18 20:37:26

Phew that’s a relief

Gonegirl Sat 29-Dec-18 20:40:51

A relief? confused Did you really think I might? Was the thought worrying you?

annodomini Sat 29-Dec-18 20:41:09

Once, when we were having a brew in the CAB office, someone asked me if I wanted a tea bag. When I replied 'No I have a red bush', I took a few seconds to realise why everyone was bent double with laughter. tchblush

Ladyinspain Sun 30-Dec-18 13:21:02

Yes its real! I mean when we need to be examined, not just to lie in bed! I've had many kidney issues, and have ongoing examinations

Ladyinspain Sun 30-Dec-18 13:22:43

Why? It is a genuine query? Just wanted to ask other ladies of a certain age, how they cope with intimate examinations, as I feel foolish still having pubic hair- simple really

Ladyinspain Sun 30-Dec-18 13:25:51

Certainly no offense intended to any of you ! Think I'll just read the posts in future, seems there are "taboos" in being a member here. Lets all stick to questions about out DIL's and Unwanted Christmas presents. A REAL question about body bits seems to have offended soooo many !

muffinthemoo Sun 30-Dec-18 13:29:11

BBbevan I can’t stop laughing