Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Pull on jeans

(62 Posts)
MiniMoon Thu 14-Mar-19 11:39:31

I am needing a new pair of straight leg jeans. I am finding it increasingly difficult to fasten the button at the waist due to arthritis in my thumb joints.
Does anyone wear pull on jeans, do they stay put, or slip down?
Which brands would you recommend?
I'm a size 14 and 5' 3" in height .
Thank you.

Millieangel Fri 15-Mar-19 10:43:59

Asda are fabulous value for money.
They fit like a glove & are lovely smooth fabric.

Yorkshiregirl Fri 15-Mar-19 10:46:46

Dorothy perkins Eden jeggings are my favourite, and they also do othe fab ranges for £15

silverlining48 Fri 15-Mar-19 10:50:01

Am wearing my asda ones now, very comfy and only about £12.

emilie Fri 15-Mar-19 11:09:39

Peacocks.Perfect if you are not planning a cat-walk.

annabelindajane Fri 15-Mar-19 11:17:13

Brax Pamina - Bella di Notte have them on website , expensive but great quality and mine are still good 5 years on . If you watch for sales 5hen you can get them cheaper.

Megs36 Fri 15-Mar-19 11:21:23

I find pull on trousers tend to 'bag' at the back/waist despite having plenty to fill them??

Craftycat Fri 15-Mar-19 11:45:14

I bought some from Sainsbury's. They were skinny leg but they do straight leg too ( I am NOT skinny BTW!!)
They fit well & wash well & were very well priced.

Fernbergien Fri 15-Mar-19 11:45:35

MiniMoon I am exactly your size. I like smart pull on jeans. I buy Quaker jeans from QVC (TV) Super. Do short length in some styles. Even though a 14 with not slim thighs they are perfect in size small!!!! I have just bought another pair in standard but will take up. When I buy their nice tops it is a medium. I too have arthritis.

Diggingdoris Fri 15-Mar-19 11:54:10

Yes I'm a Bon Marche fan as well, as they have a bit of stretch.

LadyJus Fri 15-Mar-19 12:25:09

I swear by Matalan own brand jeggings, they look fabulous, fit very well and wash perfectly - extremely comfortable to wear too! I cannot praise them enough and I'm the jegging queen (according to my DGC!)

MiniMoon Fri 15-Mar-19 14:19:33

Thanks folks. I have several pairs of jeggings. It's proper jeans I'm after, the pair I'm currently wearing are slim legged, I want straight leg jeans. I've seen some in Chums catalogue, my Dad used to buy clothes from them (eek! I must be an old woman). ??

seacliff Fri 15-Mar-19 14:30:30

It seems almost impossible to get pull on straight leg jeans. I assume you want a slightly looser leg than denim jeggings. I'd be interested too. They had some on Ambrose Wilson but those had awful reviews.

Maybe I will try those Premier ones from Cotton Traders.

Fernbergien Fri 15-Mar-19 15:09:27

The Quaker ones are straight leg. The waistband goes flat once on and does not roll on me.

Juliet27 Fri 15-Mar-19 15:37:05

I'm really happy with Next Jersey Denim Leggings at £20

grandMattie Fri 15-Mar-19 17:39:22

I'm 5'10" and have found both Sainsbury's and M&S excellent - sizes differ though; am 14 at M&S and 16 at Tu. I think on balance I prefer Marks... good luck

Specs Fri 15-Mar-19 18:32:04

Marks and Spencer jeggings. Love them. Size 18 short leg for me. I wear them for every occasion and have lots of pairs. And even wear them riding. I might not be small and petite but they are not out of place on a slightly overweight figure despite what some people say. Just have confidence in your self and you’re body (little or large) and everyone will love you ?.

Daisyboots Fri 15-Mar-19 19:19:31

Another Bon Marche straight leg jeans fan here. The slight stretch and part elastic in the waist makes for very comfortable wearing.

SueDoku Fri 15-Mar-19 19:20:01

Two words. Cotton Traders... wink

debbiemon123 Fri 15-Mar-19 20:37:10

I wear Bonmarche jeggins ....they are so good , fit beautifully and are not expensive , I have them in blue and black ...wear them all the time !

trendygran Fri 15-Mar-19 20:59:29

4allweknow. Sara jeans from Bonmarche are the ones I have . They definitely beat M and S ones for comfort -and price.

Coolgran65 Fri 15-Mar-19 21:07:57

Some pp have mentioned about jeans slipping down. This happens to me if I wear silky knickers. If I wear cotton knickers I've no bother.

Scooter58 Fri 15-Mar-19 21:27:30

Another vote for Asda jeggings

Nanna58 Fri 15-Mar-19 22:39:43

Also have the arthritis problems, but hate pull on jeans, but I find if I buy the stretch denim variety of jeans I can still pull them up without undoing them.

starbird Sat 16-Mar-19 09:59:16

I like the Damart ones. Bon Marche are OK but tend to bag at the back - side elastication is better.

All these prople who go on about jeggings are not answering the OP post, just saying what they like and helping others who like jeggings - or perhaps they don’t read any previous posts, just the original!

BazingaGranny Sun 17-Mar-19 12:23:01

I have some pull on jeans (not leggings or jeggings) from sainsburys and another pair from Asda. And also a pair from Evans. The ones from Evans have lasted longer.

The Sainsburys ones needed new elastic after a while - thank heavens for my O level in needlework!