Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Pull on jeans

(62 Posts)
MiniMoon Thu 14-Mar-19 11:39:31

I am needing a new pair of straight leg jeans. I am finding it increasingly difficult to fasten the button at the waist due to arthritis in my thumb joints.
Does anyone wear pull on jeans, do they stay put, or slip down?
Which brands would you recommend?
I'm a size 14 and 5' 3" in height .
Thank you.

seacliff Sun 17-Mar-19 15:10:10

I can't find any pull on jeans in Asda, Tu or Evans now, only jeggings.

I keep looking. Cotton Traders have some Premier at £30, and anther pair at £40 which I thought was rather pricey.

MiniMoon Sun 17-Mar-19 15:14:30

I've never had trousers from Cotton Traders. Their jumpers and tee shirts tend to be larger than the size would suggest, so I'm wary of sending for them.

seacliff Sun 17-Mar-19 15:36:24

Yes me too, especially as you have to pay for delivery and also for returns.

shysal Sun 17-Mar-19 19:10:26

Minimoon I think you would need to order a size smaller from Cotton Traders. There is lots of stretch in the Premium jeans so they would probably fit well.

shysal Sun 17-Mar-19 19:15:17

In case anyone is interested, I did buy a pair of the CT Premium in grey at the same time as the Indigo, but they were not as stretchy and were rather uncomfortable.

shandi6570 Sun 17-Mar-19 19:18:17

Some larger Garden Centres have Cotton Trader outlets within them where you can try their clothing on, just a thought.

Cdeva1977 Tue 19-Mar-19 11:54:48

I agree with Seacliff, I have Asda denim jegging and find very comfortable and stay In Shape after washing too

Itsmyfirstrodeo Tue 19-Mar-19 22:20:35

I have a pair of pull on jeans from Lands End.
I love them, the pockets are huge and they don't bag or gape at all ?

Marydoll Tue 19-Mar-19 23:01:41

MiniMoon, I too have arthritis in my thumbs and wear M&S denim Jeggings. I tend to pick them up in the M&S outlet for £5.
They are comfy and long lasting.

MommaP Thu 21-Mar-19 06:45:41

Have you tried Bon Marche? they do 25" and 27" in their range

GrandmainOz Thu 21-Mar-19 07:33:49

minimoon I bought a pair of slim leg pull on jeans last time I was home in the UK. Just questioned bemused OH as I know I bought him some items at the same time, and he assured me it was a large Sainsbury. I'm still wearing them 2 years later. The waistband stays in place and there's a little stretch in the denim so they don't bag at the knees