Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Induction jobs (single ring)

(6 Posts)
dragonfly46 Tue 12-Nov-19 16:01:29

I have a Miele induction hob and it is brilliant.

ninathenana Tue 12-Nov-19 14:34:18

? no wonder I found the title confusing.

DoraMarr Tue 12-Nov-19 14:16:13

Aah, I see you want a single ring hob- mine has four rings.

DoraMarr Tue 12-Nov-19 13:51:03

I bought a Bosch induction hob recently to replace an electric ceramic hob. I like it, especially because it is streamlined, with no knobs to clean round. I bought it from a local shop, who matched John Lewis, and fitted the day after I bought it. Fortunately I haven’t had to buy new saucepans because the ones I had were suitable, although I have had to giveaway my ancient and much loved Moka coffee percolator because it is aluminium.

Kathy1959 Tue 12-Nov-19 13:42:14

I have just had a new kitchen fitted, and went for an AEG induction hob. It’s brilliant! but then the cooker I had before, we had to hold the button in for the grill for 4 years, because to have it fixed cost more than the cooker ! I went for cheap, because I always hoped for my new kitchen. So far we’re very pleased. I was always a “ gas “ kind of girl, now I’m all electric. It’s very fast, and everything keeps cooking too quickly! I’ve got to get used to it. You’re obviously already used to that style of cooking, so should be fine. Shop around though, there are a few deals about now, preceding Christmas. Sorry I didn’t see your post when you posted it, but I wouldn’t have been much help then, as hadn’t had the new kitchen.

Warmthlover Thu 15-Aug-19 11:30:22

I have a Tefal Induction Hob, an older model IH 2018 (which enables me to cook when the AGA goes out, which it has at the moment). I was mostly happy with it until it broke last night, apart from the fact that the “simmering” setting was never low enough.
There are newer and more expensive models. Do any of you have experience of these jobs and would you recommend them?