Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Gift ideas

(9 Posts)
Sara65 Sat 23-Nov-19 11:19:57

Maggie

I agree!

Mine love card games like cheat, or uno, also Frustration is a great favourite,cluedo, game of life, all good fun.

Maggiemaybe Sat 23-Nov-19 11:07:09

My little DGS like board games - junior Monopoly, Cluedo, etc. The ones they have are based on who ate a cake and paying for themed children’s parties, rather than murders and property. smile I’m all for encouraging them to play traditional games before the Nintendos take over!

travelsafar Sat 23-Nov-19 09:58:14

If you have a shop called the Works, pop in there, they have lots of lovely arty gifts.smile

Lucca Sat 23-Nov-19 09:01:12

Sorry that was for Marydoll. Thanks for the other ideas people!

Lucca Sat 23-Nov-19 08:59:49

Thanks! Unfortunately I gave her very similar arty pack last year!

kittylester Sat 23-Nov-19 08:46:51

We often have a look at this company.

www.happypuzzle.co.uk/

Sara65 Sat 23-Nov-19 08:41:33

While out shopping with my nine year old granddaughters I bought them both a book in Waterstones, I think was called a drawing a day for a year, where they are helped to draw things in stages. When we got home the five year old wanted a go, which he wasn’t allowed, so I bought him one as well, thinking it was probably a bit old for him, but he spent hours and hours with it, and did it really well, money well spent.

Marydoll Sat 23-Nov-19 08:27:16

It was my DGD's fourth birthday the other day. Knowing that she would be absolutely spoiled by everyone, I decided to put some cash in her ISA for the future and make up a parcel of drawing materials, so that she would have someone tangible.
The parcel included, a huge drawing pad, poster paints, crayons, scented pens, colouring pencils, googly eyes, mini pom poms and her favourite part, glitter glue pens.
I bought everything in pound shops.
She was squealing with delight, when she opened her parcel.

Lucca Sat 23-Nov-19 08:18:05

Hi I’m looking for ideas for a present for my dgd 5th birthday and hoped someone could recommend a game or puzzle of creative present. I looked at one amazing flower kit but read a review saying it was very flimsy. She likes jigsaws and games and anything arty. It doesn’t have to be a huge expensive thing Thanks !