Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Birthday reminder app?

(7 Posts)
NanaMacGeek Mon 25-Nov-19 22:31:14

As I have added contacts to my mobile phone, I've taken advantage of the additional fields available to include birthdays and anniversaries (including year of birth or wedding for anniversaries) . These are linked to my email provider and my shared calendar. My calendar is 'synced' over all my and DH's phones, computers, tablets etc. - no chance of missing any special dates, especially with notifications set up to remind us a week before.

I know that technology isn't for everyone but if you use a smartphone, it's worth taking advantage of some of facilities on offer.

CanadianGran Mon 25-Nov-19 22:25:52

Agree with others; Google or IPhone calendar and set reminders. For out of town family, I set a reminder 1 week in advance in order to send a card.

My dear hubby spends some time with a new calendar we hang on the side of the fridge. He puts in everyone's BDday.
No excuses here!

Pittcity Mon 25-Nov-19 22:23:07

We use a joint Google calendar too and have it set up to remind us of birthdays a week before.

dragonfly46 Mon 25-Nov-19 22:20:48

I put all birthdays on our joint Google Calender.

tanith Mon 25-Nov-19 22:15:48

I have all family birthdays in the calendar on my phone I set the reminders for a few days before giving myself time to send cards or buy presents.

mumofmadboys Mon 25-Nov-19 21:36:57

We have a list of birthdays pinned up on the back of our ensuite door! We appear to have the best part of 50 birthdays to remember!

kittylester Mon 25-Nov-19 21:01:20

Having spent last night awake panicking that I'd missed the birthday of DS2's lovely partner, I wondered if anyone has an app for reminding them of important dates.

Dh and I use a diary app and don't often look at the 'proper diary' any more.

Her birthday is actually December 7th - could someone please remind me. grin