Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

How much can I write?

(10 Posts)
BradfordLass72 Thu 05-Dec-19 08:06:02

I would add to ninathenana caution, that these posts often appear on Facebook as well - nothing is private. sad

Scentia Thu 05-Dec-19 07:00:56

Sometimes just writing everything down helps, do this on a piece of paper and then pick out bits that will give posters an insight so they can help. It is a real therapy, writing and I always recommend that.
As someone said earlier, be careful about saying too much.
You may find when you have written it all down in private and re read it, you will be able to see things more clearly and pick out what it is you need advice on.
I am sorry that your DD is struggling but she has you, that is more than some, but, if she is an adult, also be careful not to make her problems your problems.

Calendargirl Thu 05-Dec-19 07:00:22

Don’t write too much at once, people skip over long posts.

ninathenana Thu 05-Dec-19 06:51:47

I'm sorry for your sad situation and some good advice has been given.
Can I add to that, by saying be careful posting "the full details" as this is an open forum and can be read by anyone and too much detail may make you identifiable.
Please do post, people here give some great advice.

Smileless2012 Wed 04-Dec-19 23:10:13

You could start by outlining the problem Lizbethhann and then filling this out as go and as posters start to respond.

As Bellanonna has said you can reply to questions and that will enable you to gradually add more information as you go along.

I'm sure that you'll find help and support here.

Bellanonna Wed 04-Dec-19 22:59:52

Could you please précis as much as you can before posting and then as the thread develops you can add more information, as you see fit, and in reply to questions posed by others.
I’m so sorry you find yourself in a difficult situation with your daughter.

Charleygirl5 Wed 04-Dec-19 22:17:59

I agree, I also hate to say it but if it is too long I do not read it but if it is well paragraphed people will.

crazyH Wed 04-Dec-19 22:16:40

Lizbetha, sorry to hear about your DD - do let us know what is happening - in whatever or whichever you like. Sometimes when we are upset, we do tend to ramble on, but there are very caring, understanding and experienced people here who will help and advice you. All the best ...

merlotgran Wed 04-Dec-19 22:11:21

Try breaking it down into relevant sections. Some of us (me for one) are put off by long and rambling OPs so it's good that you've warned us there's a lot to it.

Keep coming back and updating the story. It's annoying when the OP disappears and leaves everyone dangling.

smile

Lizbethann55 Wed 04-Dec-19 22:03:26

Hi again. I have a serious problem with my dearest, most loved DD whose life is falling apart. I really want your advice, but the problem is very complicated and there are two parts to it. Is there a limit to how much I can write and how long a post can be? I don't want to bore you all but I would want to give you the full details.