Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Suggestions please...

(7 Posts)
Madgran77 Wed 01-Jan-20 21:24:01

As well as Wiltshire foods there is "Cook" which can be ordered on line www.cookfood.net

Also "All Plants" provides some really lovely vegetarian options

allplants.com

Tangerine Wed 01-Jan-20 21:10:02

Wiltshire foods have been great for some of my elderly relations. They say the meals are very tasty.

ExD1938 Wed 01-Jan-20 20:31:34

There are some freeze dried ones in packets that come once a month, I think. I can't remember the name but will post it when I find it.
You might send him a month's supply to try perhaps, if you can afford it?

Witzend Wed 01-Jan-20 19:26:06

Another vote for Wiltshire meals. My mother had them for some years and I seem to recall a vast selection, for every taste and level of appetite.
If they don’t have them already, could you get a brochure sent to them?

MissAdventure Wed 01-Jan-20 19:19:57

I think Wilshire also do meals for two in some cases.
And some nice desserts, too.

BlueBelle Wed 01-Jan-20 19:00:45

Can you get him involved in meals on wheels or one of the local groups that does meals My Dad had Wiltshire foods for many years after mum went into residential they are very nourishing meals and just need a few minutes in the microwave There is huge variety too chose from they were delivered once a fortnight and he just used to pop it in the microwave what ever he chose for that day They also cater for allergy etc etc when he got to his last couple of years he had a local I think it was called Grannies kitchen or something like that and they delivered them hot every day at the time of his choice and weekends he used to have a tea as well it was really good value and he loved the ladies coming in everyday for a five minute visit when they brought his tray of food

Want2Help Wed 01-Jan-20 18:50:57

... a very dear friend of mine is very poorly atm and I really want to help her husband out with meals etc, the problem is that they live around 50 miles away and so logistically I'm in a dilemma as to how I can help do this. He doesn't cook at all and has been living off cook chill dinners. My friend has no appetite at all but he's doing his very best to care for her in every way possible (she can't be left due to risk of falling). Do you have any suggestions please dear fellow gransetters?