Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Loaf sofas

(10 Posts)
FlexibleFriend Fri 03-Jan-20 22:12:58

I had a look and lots of them look as though they need a lot of plumping which is too difficult for me and why my previous sofa was replaced but I really liked the young bean and the dixie that clearly needed no plumping at all. My current sofa is very similar to the young bean in dark grey leather, different make but I love it.

dragonfly46 Fri 03-Jan-20 21:33:21

We got ours from Sofology and we are very impressed with the service and quality.

kittylester Fri 03-Jan-20 21:20:51

Oh, phoenix, the stress, the stress!!

Marmight Fri 03-Jan-20 20:49:24

I have a Loaf ‘Crumpet’ sofa. I’m not overly impressed. The seat cushions need plumping often as they dip at the front and are heavy/lumpy for me to cope with. (I stand on the back of them and jump up & down ?) The scatter cushions don't have a lot of give so I use other softer ones. Actually, I hardly ever sit on it. Again, I’d opt for a cheaper squishier sofa

NotSpaghetti Fri 03-Jan-20 20:24:02

We had a second-hand Tetrad - it has gone to pastures new now as we still had another sofa (second hand in 1950!) and we couldn't fit two in this living room.
The Tetrad is about 20 now and still solid.

phoenix Fri 03-Jan-20 18:53:10

Now look here * kitty*, I thought you'd settled (excuse pun) on that lovely Ercol one in the photo?

(Did you know it took Steve Jobs eight years to choose a sofa?!)

Although, I must confess my bathroom refurb involved more than one spread sheet blush

Willynilly Fri 03-Jan-20 18:48:06

Whoops, yes Tetrad (excuse the spelling mistake previously). Had ours for years, and they age well.

Missfoodlove Fri 03-Jan-20 17:46:24

I used to work for a furniture company and one of the best quality mid price range is Tetrad.
They’re made in the UK and offer a large range of fabrics and fillings.

Willynilly Fri 03-Jan-20 15:50:56

My DD has one Kitty. They went to the Manchester store before buying and loved them. Not had it long so don’t know how it stands up to wear. We love Tedtrad, but Loaf look good too.

kittylester Fri 03-Jan-20 15:46:47

Hasl anyone any experience of Loaf Sofas? Good, bad?

You will all be fed up with my questions before we get the lounge done - sorry!!